My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Betterment Review: Customized Asset Allocation, Human Financial Advisors

Updated April 2018 with custom ETF allocations. Betterment is an independent hybrid digital/human advisor that will manage a diversified mix of low-cost index funds and help you decide how much you'll need to save for retirement. (By independent, … [Read the rest]

Audible Returning Trial Members: 2 Free AudioBooks + $10 Amazon Gift Card (Targeted)

If you've already done a free trial of Audible.com and gotten some free audiobooks... Amazon might like to offer you another trial with two more free audiobooks plus a $10 Amazon gift card! This offer may be targeted and appears to be open to … [Read the rest]

Reader Question: Tracking Asset Allocation Across Multiple Investment Accounts

Here's a reader question regarding my most recent portfolio asset allocation update. It has been edited for clarity and to remove personal details by request: Thank you for posting the quarterly finance updates. I would like to do something … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime: Buy Sample Box, Get Equal Credit Towards Similar Products

Updated with new Snack and other sample boxes. Amazon Prime members can buy sample boxes that come with a credit towards a future purchase in that specific product category. Right now, you can buy a snack sample box for $9.99 and then you'll get an … [Read the rest]

Georgia Tech Online Master’s Degree Update: Computer Science $7,000, Data Analytics $10,000

Maybe I'm foolish, but I remain hopeful about the potential of software leading to more affordable, accessible education. In 2014, Georgia Tech launched an Online Master of Science in Computer Science (OMSCS) with the goal of offering an accredited, … [Read the rest]

1.1.1.1: Free DNS Server for Faster Internet, Better Privacy

Every time you visit a domain like mymoneyblog.com, you use a DNS server to find its "address", specifically IP address. However, your internet service provider (ISP) may be logging every single request then selling this data to other advertisers. … [Read the rest]

Target Car Seat Trade-In Program: 20% Off Car Seats and Strollers

In the market for a new car seat or stroller? Target is running their Car Seat Trade-in Event from Sunday, April 22 through Saturday, May 5, 2018. Simply bring in an old car seat or car seat base into a Target store and they will give you a 20% … [Read the rest]

LendingTree Chart: Mortgage Rates vs. Credit Score 2018

Mortgage rates are rising. Home prices are still at recent highs. Yet, mortgage applications are also up, which suggests that people are worried about not being able to afford a house if they wait. Online mortgage comparison site LendingTree … [Read the rest]

Firstrade Commission-Free ETF Program Review – Includes Vanguard, iShares Core, Schwab Index ETFs

Online brokerage Firstrade just announced a new Commisssion-Free ETF program that includes 700+ ETFs from 40 fund families. This is a bold move as it includes both a lot of ETFs (quantity) but also the best ETFs (quality) from providers like … [Read the rest]

Delta Airlines Hack: Free Credit Monitoring From All Three Bureaus for 2 Years

In early April 2018, Delta disclosed that hackers may have compromised credit card information from ticket buyers on Delta.com between September 26 and ending October 12, 2017. However, as with many of these "cyber incidents", this may just be the … [Read the rest]

My Money Blog Portfolio Asset Allocation, March 2018

Here is a First Quarter 2018 update for my primary investment portfolio. These are my real-world holdings, not a recommendation. It includes tax-deferred 401k/403b/IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts and excludes our primary home, cash reserves, … [Read the rest]

SaverLife Review: Starting Saving $20 a Month, Get Another $10 a Month Boost

The importance of an emergency fund is often mentioned, but often the hardest thing is to get started. SaverLife.org is a program run by the nonprofit EARN to help working families by encouraging savings. Their idea here, essentially, is to … [Read the rest]