Updated 11/16/15. American Express cardholders can participate in “AmEx Offers” which offer discounts to various merchants. These promotions often offer the opportunity for easy savings without changing your spending habits. If it is a store that I use regularly, I often just buy a gift card. Here’s a quick roundup of current offers.
The offer to highlight is a $15 off $60 from Amazon.com, which appears to be available on all of my cards (although it may be buried below a bunch of other offers). Read on to the bottom of this post if you have multiple American Express cards and thus multiple available offers.
- Amazon.com. Spend $60+, Get $15. Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $60 or more online at Amazon.com by 12/31/2015.” Limited quantities, so you can buy a $60 Amazon gift card to trigger the $15 back. Worked for me instantly with an e-gift card.
Here are other selected offers. The first two are targeted (check each card in your account) but the rest are open to all, if needed use Twitter hashtag. Some are expiring soon.
- Any major cell phone provider (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon) . Spend $75+, Get $10 Back. Good 2x, so up to $20 Back. Targeted. “Enroll your eligible Card & pay your cell phone bill of $75+ online @ these accepting major US Carriers by 1/31/16 & get $10 back. Limit 2 statement credits.” I just paid my bill and made a negative balance, got confirmation e-mail instantly.
- Any cable or satellite TV provider in CA, NY, NJ and IL. Spend $50+, Get $10 Back. Good 2x, so up to $20 Back. Targeted. “Enroll your eligible Card & pay your cable or satellite television bill of $50+ by 1/31/16 & get $10 back. Limit 2 statement credits. Offer valid for services provided in CA, NY, NJ and IL only.”
- Uber. Spend $20+, Get $10. Tweet using #AmexUber through 12/31/15. Details.
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us. Spend $25, Get $5. Tweet #AmexToysRus. Details.
- Diapers.com. Spend $50, Get $10. Tweet #AmexDiapers. Stack with a coupon, just make sure your total charge to AmEx is enough. Details.
- Newegg.com. Spend $200, Get $25. Tweet #AmexNewegg by 12/31/15. Details.
- American Express Gift Cards. Spend $200+, Get $10 back. Tweet #AmexGift by 13/31/15. Use promo code NOV1CAS to get the purchase fee waived. Sign up for the Premium shipping trial to get shipping waived (but don’t forget to cancel the trial).
- UndercoverTourist.com. Spend $150, Get $30. This is one of the few legit places to get discount Disney World tickets, as well as other places like Universal. Combine the existing discount with this promo, and this is about as cheap as they get. Tweet #AmexUCT by 12/31/15.
- Sam’s Club Membership, Spend $45+, Get $25. Sam’s Club takes AmEx now. Good towards membership only. Expires 12/31/2015.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton. Spend $250+, Get $50 Back. Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $250+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Embassy Suites by Hilton from 10/19/15 to 12/21/15. Tweet #AmexEmbassy
Each separate card, including authorized users, may have different offers available to them. In addition, adding an offer to one card may remove the same offer from another card. Although as commenter Oleg notes “If you have multiple cards and you activated for an offer on one of them, this offer may disappear from others. You can open several [web browser] tabs, retrieve each card separately and apply for an offer.”
Here are the various ways to access these offers:
- Log into your AmEx account online and scroll down until you see the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Use the AmEx smartphone app.
- Access via social media at AmExOffers.com – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
- Not everyone can access every offer, but the ones on Twitter tend to be available to everyone. You can track these on their Favorites page.