Reminder: Many top offers expiring 12/31/15. American Express cardholders can participate in “AmEx Offers” which offer discounts to various merchants. These promotions often offer the opportunity for easy savings without changing your spending habits. For places that I shop at regularly, I can often buy a gift card to lock in the savings.
Here’s a quick roundup of current offers. Some are targeted but if a Twitter hashtag is listed they are open to all. Some offers are limited and are “sold out” if you haven’t already registered. Many expire at the end of 2015.
- Amazon.com. Spend $60+, Get $15. Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $60 or more online at Amazon.com by 12/31/2015. This one is sold out, but if you registered previously lock in your credit with a Amazon e-gift card or physical $60 Amazon gift card to trigger the $15 back. Worked for me instantly with an e-gift card.
- Any major cell phone provider (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon) . Spend $75+, Get $10 Back. Good 2x, so up to $20 Back. Targeted. Enroll your eligible Card & pay your cell phone bill of $75+ online @ these accepting major US Carriers by 1/31/16 & get $10 back. Limit 2 statement credits. I just paid my bill and made a negative balance, got confirmation e-mail instantly.
- Any cable or satellite TV provider in CA, NY, NJ and IL. Spend $50+, Get $10 Back. Good 2x, so up to $20 Back. Targeted. Enroll your eligible Card & pay your cable or satellite television bill of $50+ by 1/31/16 & get $10 back. Limit 2 statement credits. Offer valid for services provided in CA, NY, NJ and IL only.
- Hulu. Spend $10+, Get $10. Targeted, but I see it on all my cards.
- Uber. Spend $20+, Get $10. Tweet using #AmexUber through 12/31/15. Details.
- Toys R Us and Babies R Us. Spend $25, Get $5. Tweet #AmexToysRus, expires 12/31/15.Details.
- Diapers.com. Spend $50, Get $10. Tweet #AmexDiapers, expires 12/31/15. Stack with a coupon, just make sure your total charge to AmEx is enough. Details.
- Sports Authority. Spend $50, Get $10. Tweet #AmexSA, expires 12/31/15. Valid both online and in-store.
- Newegg.com. Spend $200, Get $25. Tweet #AmexNewegg, expires 12/31/15. Details.
- American Express Gift Cards. Spend $200+, Get $10 back. Tweet #AmexGift, expires 12/31/15. Use promo code NOV1CAS to get the purchase fee waived. Sign up for the Premium shipping trial to get shipping waived (but don’t forget to cancel the trial).
- UndercoverTourist.com. Spend $150, Get $30. This is one of the few legit places to get discount Disney World tickets, as well as other places like Universal. Combine the existing discount with this promo, and this is about as cheap as they get. Tweet #AmexUCT, expires 12/31/15.
- Sam’s Club Membership, Spend $45+, Get $25. Sam’s Club takes AmEx now. Good towards membership only. Expires 12/31/2015.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton. Spend $250+, Get $50 Back. Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $250+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Embassy Suites by Hilton from 10/19/15 to 12/31/15. Tweet #AmexEmbassy
Each separate card, including authorized users, may have different offers available to them. In addition, adding an offer to one card may remove the same offer from another card. Although as commenter Oleg notes “If you have multiple cards and you activated for an offer on one of them, this offer may disappear from others. You can open several [web browser] tabs, retrieve each card separately and apply for an offer.”
Here are the various ways to access these offers:
- Log into your AmEx account online and scroll down until you see the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Use the AmEx smartphone app.
- Access via social media at AmExOffers.com – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
- Not everyone can access every offer, but the ones on Twitter tend to be available to everyone. You can track these on their Favorites page.
There are many different American Express cards today, but these two are my current favorites: