Updated 4/16/15. American Express cardholders can participate in “AmEx Offers” which offer discounts to various merchants. These promotions often offer the opportunity for easy savings without changing your spending habits. Sometimes I just buy a gift card if I go the store regularly.
Here are some of the current widely-available offers:
- Smart & Final $25 off $50. Get a $25 statement credit by using your connected Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more in-store at Smart & Final by 6/30/2015. Limit 3 statement credits. Tweet using #AmexSmartFinal to add this offer to your connected American Express Card. This store sells everything from produce to warehouse items at 250 stores in the Western US. Use it three times for $75 off $150 of stuff.
- LegalZoom.com $20 off $100. Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $100 or more online at legalzoom.com by 5/31/15. Tweet using #AmexLegalZoom to add this offer to your connected American Express Card. I used Legalzoom to incorporate my business.
- Sur La Table $10 off $50. Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $50 or more in-store at Sur La Table or online at surlatable.com by 5/31/15. Nespresso shops in Sur La Table are excluded. Tweet using #AmexSurLaTable to add this offer to your connected American Express Card.
- Best Western $20 off $100. Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $100+ on all room charges, including room rate, at Best Western® branded properties in the US including Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands between 3/16/15 and 5/18/15. Tweet using #AmexBW to add this offer to your connected American Express Card.
Targeted offers include $20 off $20 at Amazon, $5 off $10 at FedEx Office, $15 off $50 at 1800Flowers.com, and $10 off $50 at GNC.com. Check your account and you may be pleasantly surprised. Each separate card, including authorized users, may have different offers available to them. Although as commenter Oleg notes “If you have multiple cards and you activated for an offer on one of them, this offer may disappear from others. You can open several tabs, retrieve each card separately and apply for an offer.”
Here are the various ways to access these offers:
- Log into your AmEx account online and scroll down until you see the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Use the AmEx smartphone app.
- Access via social media at AmExOffers.com – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
- Not everyone can access every offer, but the ones on Twitter tend to be available to everyone. You can track these easily on their Favorites page.