Updated. Two targeted offers that I have found on my account are:
- $45 off new Sam’s Club membership. Get a 1X $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $45+ in a single transaction in-Club on a new Sam’s Club Membership at any Sam’s Club location in the 50 U.S. states by 9/30/16. Valid on new memberships only.
- 5% back on $100+ purchase at Home Depot. Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make eligible purchases of $100+ in a single transaction in-store at The Home Depot by August 31, 2016, on up to $2,000 in total purchases.
American Express cardholders can participate in “AmEx Offers” which offer discounts to various merchants. These promotions often offer the opportunity for easy savings without changing your spending habits. For places that I shop at regularly, I can often buy a gift card to lock in the savings.
Each separate card, including authorized users, may have different offers available to them. In addition, adding an offer to one card may remove the same offer from another card. Although as commenter Oleg notes “If you have multiple cards and you activated for an offer on one of them, this offer may disappear from others. You can open several [web browser] tabs, retrieve each card separately and apply for an offer.”
Here are the various ways to access these offers:
- Log into your AmEx account online and scroll down until you see the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Use the AmEx smartphone app.
- Access via social media at AmExOffers.com – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
- Not everyone can access every offer, but the ones on Twitter tend to be available to everyone. You can track these on their Favorites page.
There are many different American Express cards today, but these two are my current favorites: