My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Schwab Starter Kit: $101 in Free Stock (or Cash) For New Customers

I'm a old fart now, but if I am going to keep most of my net worth somewhere, I want it somewhere that if I called their phone number, I'd be confident to have a knowledgable human pick up the phone and help me with my problem. That means Vanguard, … [Read the rest]

Amazon Pickup Points Promo: $10 Off First Order of $20+ (Targeted)

Amazon has a targeted promotion of $10 off $20+ purchase when you try out an Amazon pickup point, which include in-store pickup counters (like Whole Foods) and self-service Amazon Hub lockers. Enter the code 10OFFPICKUP and select an Amazon pickup … [Read the rest]

Historical Asset Class Correlations: Stocks vs. Bonds, International Stocks, Commodities, Gold

Morningstar has published their 2022 Diversification Landscape (direct link?, but free with email), another useful whitepaper for DIY investors that looks closer at the correlations between different asset classes. The first three sentences quoted … [Read the rest]

S&P 500 and Global Stock Market Dividend Yield 2000-2020

Here is an article about dividends by Capital Group. I didn't really find the analysis very actionable, but I did like their chart that tracked the historical yields of the S&P 500 index, the MSCI ACWI index, and 10-year US Treasury bonds from 2000 … [Read the rest]

PFS Buyers Club: New US Mint Coin Arbitrage Opportunity ($250+ Net Profit, March 2022)

New deal March 17th, 2022. The US Mint regularly releases limited-edition coins to collectors. The coin sets are often limited to one per household, but end up with a market value greater than the initial cost. PFS Buyers Club is a website broker … [Read the rest]

Major Asset Class 10-Year Return Forecast 2022 Collection From Huge Investment Management Firms

Christine Benz at Morningstar has helpfully compiled the 7 to 10-year forecasts for major stock and bond asset classes from some huge investment firms that collectively manage trillions of dollars. The problem is... they are all over the … [Read the rest]

10-Year S&P 500 Returns Tend To Cluster Around Triple-Your-Money Runs… or Stagnation

[Programming note: This week is our Spring Break, so I have scheduled some interesting charts that I've put aside as they provided interesting "food for thought". Comment moderation and e-mail replies will be delayed.] Here is an interesting … [Read the rest]

Plaid Data Privacy $58M Class Action Settlement (Venmo, Robinhood, Chime, SoFi, Coinbase, Etc)

Many online banking, stock trading, crypto, and fintech apps use the Plaid service to provide easy funding via your existing bank accounts. The price of this convenience is that you are providing some very sensitive data to a small, private … [Read the rest]

Live Oak Bank $200 Bonus on $25,000 Deposit (New and Existing Customers)

Live Oak Bank is an FDIC-insured internet bank that is focused on lending to small businesses. Right now, their savings account is offering a $200 bonus if you deposit $25,000+ in new funds into their online savings account by 3/31/22 via this … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – March 2022 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of March 2022, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. I look for lesser-known opportunities available to individuals while still keeping your principal FDIC-insured or … [Read the rest]

Problems with TASC Denying Dependent Care Expense Reimbursement With No Reason Provided?

My muscles tense up with just the thought of dealing with health insurance claims and flexible spending account reimbursement. I feel they are both incentivized to deny your claims and thus put up layers and layers of bureaucracy in the hopes that … [Read the rest]

Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Review: Over $800 In First-Year Value

The Capital One Venture X Rewards credit card is the newest entry into the ultra-premium credit card category. It has a large new-cardholder bonus, loads of perks, and a hefty annual fee. The net result is a first-year value of well over $800! … [Read the rest]