My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Fidelity Solo FidFolios: DIY Custom Direct Indexing (Similar to M1 Finance)

Fidelity just announced a new feature called Fidelity Solo FidFolios. You can make a custom index with up to 50 individual stocks, or a custom asset allocation portfolio using ETFs. You can then buy into your custom portfolio all a once using … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates Update: 90-Day CD at 2% APY, 2-Year CD at 3% APY, 3-Year MYGA at 4% (Mid-June 2022)

Rates are still moving up, especially in the shorter maturities. Even the rates quoted below may become outdated quickly, but so here is a mid-month update for June 2022. As of 6/21/2022: Brokered CD rates: 3-month CD at 2% APY, 2-Year CDs … [Read the rest]

Coinstar Bitcoin ATM Review: Buy $100 BTC, Get $15 BTC Promo, But Still a Pass

Coinstar kiosks count your physical coins for you and take a pretty big 11.9% cut, unless you redeem for a gift card (where they still get a cut from the retailer). Walmart and Amazon are my favorite options, although I usually save up my coins for … [Read the rest]

Axos Invest Brokerage: $150 Bonus with $1,000 Deposit

Axos is another financial app that combines banking, investing, and borrowing services. Right now, they are offering a $150 bonus when you open a new Axos Invest brokerage account, fund it with $1,000, and keep it there for 90 days. You can … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime: Complete 4 Stampcard Activities, Get $10 Amazon Credit

Amazon Prime Days are approaching on July 12/13, and they have a new Stampcard promotion for Prime members: Complete 4 activities and get a $10 Amazon credit. (Link may not show in e-mail or RSS, please visit website.) The activities aren't too … [Read the rest]

Schwab Hidden Fees: $187 Million Penalty For Intelligent Portfolios Robo-Advisor

via GIPHY Schwab has agreed to pay a $187 million SEC settlement due to being sneaky about the fees charged by their robo-advisor product, Schwab Intelligent Portfolios (SIP). Schwab used "free" but quietly forced its own customers to hold a lot … [Read the rest]

Chart: Every S&P 500 Bear and Bull Market in History

Even though I don't check my retirement account balances daily (or weekly, or often monthly) it can still be nearly impossible to tune out all the market noise. I was promptly notified via e-mail press release that the S&P 500 index officially … [Read the rest]

Webull Broker: New Account 6 Free Stocks, $600 Account Transfer Promotion

Updated 6 free stocks for new account, $600 transfer promos. Webull is a brokerage app (PC and web version also available) that has $0 stock trades, $0 options trades with $0 per contract fees, free real-time quotes, and no minimum balance … [Read the rest]

Stacking VTI or VOO: Get Excited About S&P 500 and US Total Market Stock ETFs

A satoshi, or "sat" for short, is the smallest unit of the cryptocurrency bitcoin. “Stacking Sats” is a popular term for gradually accumulating bitcoin by purchasing small amounts of bitcoin at a time. (100 million sats = 1 bitcoin.) The idea … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – June 2022 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of June 2022, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. We all need some safe assets for cash reserves or portfolio stability, and there are often lesser-known opportunities … [Read the rest]

Pizza Hut Camp BOOK IT! Summer Reading Program

Registration live for Summer 2022. The kids are done with school again! Must keep them busy! If you were a kid in the 80s and 90s, you may remember the Pizza Hut "Book It!" program that rewarded reading books with free pizza. Well, Camp Book It! … [Read the rest]

Voyager App: $50 Free Bitcoin For New Users (Now Live in All States but NY)

Improved $50 refer-a-friend offer. The Voyager app offers trading of various cryptocurrencies including bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). They also currently pay 3.25% APY on up to 0.25 BTC and 9% APY on USDC balances up to $25,000 for those that … [Read the rest]