Discover only has one card these days, called the Discover it card. However, there are a few different promotions for new customers going on (including a new $150 bonus offer) each with a different application link – so please click and read carefully. The best offer depends on how much you value 0% interest on purchases or balance transfers for an extended intro period.
Discover it® – $150 Cash Back limited-time offer link
$150 cash back when you make $750 in purchases during your 1st three months from account opening. Limited-time boost, the bonus is usually $100 or less. This offer is best for those that don’t need 0% interest on purchases or balance transfers.
Discover it® – 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months
0% Intro APR* on balance transfers for 18 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred. 0% Intro APR* on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 22.99%.
Discover it® – 0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 14 months
0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
New 5% Cash Back bonus categories announced
From now until the end of December 2013, get a 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases for the very broad category of Online Shopping (any purchase from an online merchant website, like Amazon.com) From January through March 2014, earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases for Restaurants and Movies. 5% rewards start only after activation each quarter and are not retroactive, so sign up now by logging into your account online.
Common features of ALL Discover it cards:
- 5% cash back on rotating categories (see above). 1% flat cashback on all other purchases with no tiers.
- Free FICO® credit score, shown on every monthly statement.
- Late payment forgiveness. There is no late fee for your first late payment, and your APR won’t automatically increase either. Pay online or by phone for free up to midnight Eastern on your due date.
- 100% U.S.-based customer service.
- No foreign transaction fee. Discover is actually one of the best cards for Asia, especially China and Japan. You can use your Discover anywhere you see a China Union Pay, JCB, or Diners Club International logo.
- No annual fee. No overlimit fee.
By Jonathan Ping | Credit Cards, Deals & Offers | 12/3 | 2 Comments »