My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® Review: 50,000 Bonus Miles

The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® is the premium American Airlines co-branded card that includes Admirals Club lounge access and the ability to earn Elite Qualifying Miles if you spend enough on the card. Here are the full … [Read the rest]

Vanguard How America Saves 2018: How Does Your 401k Compare?

Vanguard recently released How America Saves 2018 report [PDF], which looks at the nearly 5 million 401k, 403b, and other defined-contribution retirement plans that they service. If you are curious about how your 401k stats compare with others, … [Read the rest]

Longleaf Partners Funds: Reasons To Buy Higher-Cost, Concentrated, Actively-Managed Mutual Funds

I can't recall the exact source or quote, but I read something along the lines of this in a forum recently: We don't really want to hear other people's opinions. We want to hear our own opinions out of other people's mouths. In other words, … [Read the rest]

2018 IRS Federal Income Tax Brackets Example (Married No Kids)

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed up the personal income tax brackets, exemptions, and deductions. Here is an updated graphical breakdown of a simple scenario for a married filing joint couple with no children in Tax Year 2018. I'll also … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Big List of Deals and Discounts

A few more hours... Amazon Prime Day 2018 is here. I'll try to keep this post updated with the most recent offers (and remove the expired ones). There are usually many opportunities to save some money without buying stuff you don't need (and thus … [Read the rest]

2018 IRS Federal Income Tax Brackets Breakdown Example (Single)

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed up the personal income tax brackets, exemptions, and deductions. Here is an updated graphical breakdown of a simple scenario for a single filer with no dependents in Tax Year 2018. I'll try to illustrate … [Read the rest]

Target $20 off $50+ Coupon, 15% Off Coupon Via Text

Expired: This offer is no longer available. Target is offering a mobile coupon for $20 off a $50+ purchase. Simply text LKWKGK to TARGET (827438) and a special link and promo code will be texted back to you. Coupon will expire 10/31/18. Valid … [Read the rest]

2018 IRS Federal Income Tax Brackets Breakdown Example (Married w/ 1 Child)

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed up the personal income tax brackets, exemptions, and deductions. Here is an updated graphical breakdown of a simple scenario for a married filing joint couple with 1 dependent in Tax Year 2018. I'll also … [Read the rest]

Why ‘Find Your Passion’ Can Be Bad Advice

The power of mindset was popularized by psychology professor Carol Dweck in her book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success and others including the bestseller Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. The fixed mindset believes that success is … [Read the rest]

Auto Parts Class Action Settlement ($1 Billion Covering Most New Cars Bought Since 1995)

Here's a big Auto Parts Class Action lawsuit with over $1 billion in total settlements across many different suppliers. The lawsuit claims that multiple auto parts manufacturers conspired together to keep their prices high ("price-fixing"). This … [Read the rest]

Retirement: Start Saving Regularly, Even If You Start Small

T. Rowe Price has a brochure The Benefit of Saving Regularly For Retirement [pdf] which has the common advice that you target saving at least 15% of your gross income each year to prepare for retirement. Of course, the earlier you start, the … [Read the rest]

Save Money By Splitting Doses of Frontline Plus Flea Medication – Up to 90% Savings!

Updated. The NY Times The Secret Price of Pets was rather eye-opening. We definitely spent a lot of money near the end of our last dog's life, but Neuticles? Cosmetic surgery? Meanwhile, the cost of flea medication has dropped for us from $10 a … [Read the rest]