From time to time, I post smaller deals that offer some sort of bonus or discount. This has been a feature of the blog since the very beginning – my 5th post ever on was about getting 10,000 free Delta miles back in December 2004 (very expired). Even though credit card deals tend to be the most lucrative, and some people may scoff at getting $10 here and $10 there, I actually find it fun and if I grab them all then it adds up. I try to only include deals with national availability, minimal effort and/or driving, and that don’t require any spending that you wouldn’t do otherwise.
Here’s a quick follow-up just to all the deals that have been going on recently, unfortunately several are expired:
- $20 from American Express Serve – Live. No spending required, just money in the bank.
- Mastercard $20 gift card for $200 purchase – Looks live. Register any Mastercard and get a $20 gift card after any $200 online purchase. Readers have reported success paying $200 towards their Comcast bill and auto insurance bills online.
- American Express Gift Chain – Still live. Getting stuff worth $2 to $500 after buying a $25 Wal-mart gift card that would be spent anyway, or others did the 44-cent method of mailing in stamped requests.
- Vente-Privee $20 credit with first purchase – Live. Got a $9 gift for free, $6 went to shipping, $5 net cash.
- Blockbuster Express $1 off rental codes – Live. I paused my Netflix subscription for a while because I could just get these for free. Prices went up for new release recently, however.
- Foursquare $10 off $10 – Unknown if this is expired, but I got $10 off any local small business that accepted American Express.
- American Express Small Business Saturday – Expired for 2011. Got $25 for every American Express card I had, just for spending $25 or more at any small business that takes American Express, including for gift certificates.
- Free 1-Year ShopRunner Membership – Expired now, but it ran for two separate days. $79 retail value. Though the actual value to me is less, 2-day shipping and the pre-paid return shipping labels is nice. I’ve already used it at GNC.com.
- Target: Free $10 Gift Card with $50 Purchase – Expired now, but this also came up twice. I already shop at Target anyway.
That’s over $100 value in about a month. And remember, if you have a spouse or partner you can potentially double everything. 🙂 Finally, don’t forget to enter my own $5,000 giveaway!