As the next step into the merger of United and Continental Airlines, the respective affiliated credit cards have announced some improved benefits that also bring them much closer together. Replacing the ole’ gray United MileagePlus Signature card is the new United MileagePlus® Explorer Card.
Here are the perk highlights for the card (application link):
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months
- Check your first bag for free – save up to $100 per round-trip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees!
- Earn double miles on United ticket purchases, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as you’re a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
Current Chase United cardholder?
The old Chase United Signature card lacks some of the nicer perks above, but has a lower $60 annual fee. If you want to keep it, don’t do anything and Chase will not upgrade you automatically. If you do want to upgrade, simply call the number on your card and it will be converted without changing your card number.
This card does offer unique features, yet be sure to compare with the other ways to rack up $500+ in credit card bonuses…
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”