American Airlines and US Airways have announced new details about their upcoming merger. As expected, the two frequent flier programs will merge and all the miles will become American AAdvantage miles in 2015. (US Airways Dividend miles will convert at a 1:1 ratio.) Along with that, they have slightly updated both the Citi American Airlines card and Barclaycard US Airways card.
Here are the updated details on the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® from our partner Citi:
New cardholder bonus:
- For a limited time, earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- Annual fee is $95, waived for first 12 months.
American Airlines and US Airways perks:
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines and US Airways flights for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation*
- Enjoy boarding privileges with Group 1 on American Airlines flights and Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights*
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines and US Airways flights*
- Double AAdvantage(R) miles on eligible American Airlines and US Airways purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*