More than a few people have asked about some good 0% APR Balance Transfer offers, and the ability to save tons of interest with no fee offers or even many low fee offers.
I’ve looked at hundreds of cards online, scoured the “Terms & Conditions” fine print, and the listed ones below are the best that I’ve found with the longest 0% APR periods and the lowest fees. It’s been really hard to avoid all fees these days, but they can still be found occasionally, and even with a small fee the overall APR can still be very low with a nice long balance transfer term. I’ve tried to include a variety of card issuers – and have highlighted the important details in the fine print. Just click on the card name to go directly to the correct offer and card application. Updated as of March 2014.
1) Slate® from Chase - Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee! With no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days, the Slate from Chase is offering interest free payments for up to 15 months with no catch and no annual fee. The 0% intro APR is also extended on purchases for 15 months and once the intro rate has expired, the purchase APR becomes 12.99% – 22.99% variable.
- Apply online for the Slate from Chase or call 877.578.5145.
2) Discover it® – 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months*. No annual fee. The Discover it card is a brand new offering from Discover, as they’ve retired their Discover More Cards. This card has many new features not yet seen before on a credit card; such as 100% United States human customer service and availability to make payments on your due date until midnight. Also included with the Discover it card is no over limit fee. No pay-by-phone fee. No foreign transaction fee. And no late fee for your first late payment. Plus they won’t raise your APR for paying late.*
3) Citi Simplicity® Card – 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases for 18 months. That’s nearly 2 years at 0% interest for balance transfers and purchases! An exceptionally long and flexible offer with no over limit fees or late payment fees, as you can both transfer a balance and also keep charging purchases on it during the introductory period. There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. No annual fee.
4) Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card – Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.* There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer. Citi Easy DealsSM Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card. Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals. 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more and $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions. No annual fee.
5) Capital One® Platinum Prestige Credit Card – 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers until May 2015! No annual fee. The Capital One Platinum Prestige includes a very low 10.9% – 18.9% variable APR after that. The balance transfer fee is 3% with no balance transfer minimum fee and this card includes travel accident insurance and auto rental insurance … two additional perks for MasterCard holders.
6) Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card - 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases for 12 months. Balance transfer fee is 3% with a $5 minimum. No annual fee. And for a limited time, they are also offering an additional $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. There is also a cashback rewards program with this card that provides a 5% cashback this quarter and every quarter on changing categories like home improvement, travel and more, in addition to a 1% award on all other purchases. Right now, earn 5% cash back on purchases at Macy’s, drug stores, and fitness clubs from 1/1/14 through 3/31/14 enrollment each quarter is quick and easy. You may earn a total of up to $300 per calendar year. See application link above for details.
7) Barlcaycard® Rewards MasterCard® – Excellent Credit – 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, at which point the interest rate becomes 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% depending on your credit history. This is also a rewards credit card which offers double points on all gas, grocery and utility purchases with one point rewarded per dollar spent everywhere else with a $100 cash bonus!, given in the form of 5,000 Bonus Points after your first purchase and an additional 5,000 Points after spending $750 on qualifying transactions in the first 90 days of account opening. There is no annual fee to own the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard and there is no limit to the cash back (or points) you can earn.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”