My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Optimal Asset Location For Different Types of Stocks (US vs. International, Active vs. Passive)

There is asset allocation (what asset classes to buy and how much) and then there is asset location (where to put those asset classes). In general, there are three overall types: pre-tax accounts (Regular 401ks, 403bs, Traditional IRAs), post-tax … [Read the rest]

Bank of America Credit Cards – 2% More Rewards Day on Thursday 11/9/2023

Promo is back again for 2023, this time with a $50 cap per card. Bank of America has a one-day credit card promotion called "More Rewards Day" on Thursday, 11/9/23. Depending on your BofA credit card type (all consumer and business card are all … [Read the rest]

Microsoft / Activision Blizzard Merger Arbitrage $10,000 Experiment – Final Results

In January 2022, Microsoft (MSFT) announced an agreement to acquire Activision Blizzard (ATVI) for $95 per share, in an all-cash $68.7 billion transaction. However, the market placed some uncertainty about this event actually happening, which meant … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – October 2023

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of October 2023, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. There are often lesser-known opportunities available to individual investors. Check out my Ultimate Rate-Chaser … [Read the rest]

MMB Portfolio Dividend & Interest Income Update – October 2023

Here’s my quarterly income update as of October 2023 for my MMB Portfolio. I prefer to track the income produced as an alternative metric to performance. The total income goes up much more gradually and consistently than the number shown on … [Read the rest]

Criminals Are Cashing in Fake Savings I Bonds With Authentic Serial Numbers

Many of us have bought Series I Savings Bonds in the past, and it appears criminals have also been taking notice. From the CNBC article California woman pleads guilty in $1.6 million counterfeit Series I savings bond scheme: A California woman … [Read the rest]

American Express Centurion “Black” Card Lawsuit: Charged $1 Million and Walked Away

Forget trying to grab a few credit card bonuses and maximizing your cash back, an Florida ophthalmologist allegedly decided to go much bigger. According to BocaNewsNow.com, American Express is suing Ronald Glatzer for an unpaid $934,455.92 balance … [Read the rest]

Costco Now Sells 1 oz. Gold Bars (But Usually Out of Stock)

Time to clear out some of these browser tabs with interesting/funny stories that have come up this week. First up, Costco has been selling 1 ounce gold bars on its website (only pops up for a second for me), but inventory is sporadic and they sell … [Read the rest]

American Express® Business Gold Card Card Review: 70,000 Bonus Points, New 4X Rewards, $240 Flexible Business Credit, $155 Walmart+ Credit Annually

The American Express® Business Gold Card is a premium card for small businesses with excellent features like purchase price protection, travel accident insurance, car rental coverage, and the famous AMEX extended warranty that actually pays out. … [Read the rest]

Verizon Wireless Loyalty Discount $10/mo for 12 Months (Targeted)

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, you may be interested in this Slickdeals forum post by member gcornett that may save you $120 per line on your cellular bill ($10 a month for 12 months). Here are the simple instructions, which should just … [Read the rest]

Tastyworks/Tastytrade ACAT Transfer Bonus: $500 for $25k, $2,000 for $100k, $5,000 for $1M

Update: New tiers added with higher bonus values, offer extended. Tastyworks is a discount brokerage targeted at active options traders, as they are cheaper than the big brokers for options trading while also having the full fancy options … [Read the rest]

Amazon: Pay with American Express Membership Rewards Points, Get up to 40% Off (Targeted)

Check AmEx again to see if eligible again for this new round. I was targeted yet again with 15% off ($15 max). You may also find an Amazon offer under your "AmEx Offers" in your account. Note that Amazon links may not show up on RSS/email, please … [Read the rest]