My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Atom Movie Tickets Promo Code: Buy One Get One Free

Atom is a "social movie ticketing" app and website. Sign up and enter the promo code WEGOTYOU in the mobile app checkout to get two tickets for the price of one ("Buy 1 Get 1 Free"). US only. Offer valid from July 31, 2018 (8:00 am PT) through … [Read the rest]

American Airlines AAdvantage® Mile Up® Card Review

The American Airlines AAdvantage® Mile Up® Card is the no annual fee co-branded American Airlines credit card. It replaces the former and not-very-publicized Citi/AAdvantage Bronze card and adds a few new features. Here are the card highlights: … [Read the rest]

Zero to $1 Million in 14 Years: Maxing Out 401k and IRAs from 2004-2017

Like many others, I had a vague goal of $1 million net worth in my 20s. It's easy to find a theoretical path a million. For example, $750 per month earning 8% returns for 30 years with get you there. Doing the actual earning, saving and … [Read the rest]

LastPass Premium Discount: 12-Month Subscription for $6

If your password manager of choice is Lastpass, right now HumbleBundle is selling a 12-month subscription of LastPass Premium for $6. (You do have a password manager, right?) This works out to $0.50 a month as opposed to the regular price of … [Read the rest]

My Money Blog Portfolio Asset Allocation, July 2018

Here's my quarterly portfolio update for Q2 2018. These are my real-world holdings and includes 401k/403b/IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts but excludes our house, cash reserves, and a few side investments. The goal of this portfolio is to … [Read the rest]

The Greatest Fear of Newt Scamander

Harry Potter fans will remember boggarts, shape-shifters that take on the form of the viewer's greatest fear. This will be different for everyone - perhaps snakes or public speaking. If you're reading this site, you might relate to Newt … [Read the rest]

Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® Review: 50,000 Bonus Miles

The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® is the premium American Airlines co-branded card that includes Admirals Club lounge access and the ability to earn Elite Qualifying Miles if you spend enough on the card. Here are the full … [Read the rest]

Vanguard How America Saves 2018: How Does Your 401k Compare?

Vanguard recently released How America Saves 2018 report [PDF], which looks at the nearly 5 million 401k, 403b, and other defined-contribution retirement plans that they service. If you are curious about how your 401k stats compare with others, … [Read the rest]

Longleaf Partners Funds: Reasons To Buy Higher-Cost, Concentrated, Actively-Managed Mutual Funds

I can't recall the exact source or quote, but I read something along the lines of this in a forum recently: We don't really want to hear other people's opinions. We want to hear our own opinions out of other people's mouths. In other words, … [Read the rest]

2018 IRS Federal Income Tax Brackets Example (Married No Kids)

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed up the personal income tax brackets, exemptions, and deductions. Here is an updated graphical breakdown of a simple scenario for a married filing joint couple with no children in Tax Year 2018. I'll also … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Big List of Deals and Discounts

A few more hours... Amazon Prime Day 2018 is here. I'll try to keep this post updated with the most recent offers (and remove the expired ones). There are usually many opportunities to save some money without buying stuff you don't need (and thus … [Read the rest]

2018 IRS Federal Income Tax Brackets Breakdown Example (Single)

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changed up the personal income tax brackets, exemptions, and deductions. Here is an updated graphical breakdown of a simple scenario for a single filer with no dependents in Tax Year 2018. I'll try to illustrate … [Read the rest]