My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Best Interest Rates on Cash – August 2021 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of August 2021, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. I look for lesser-known opportunities to earn 3% APY and higher while still keeping your principal FDIC-insured or … [Read the rest]

PFS Buyers Club: New US Mint Coin Deal ($150+ Net Profit, August 2021 #2)

Another new coin deal on Tuesday, August 10th, 2021. PFS Buyers Club has another coin deal on two limited edition Silver Dollars (Morgan and Peace). See details below. Background (skip if already familiar). The US Mint regularly releases … [Read the rest]

Greenlights: Why Matthew McConaughey Turned Down A $14.5 Million Paycheck

Matthew McConaughey was productive during the pandemic, collecting his diaries and reflecting on his life so far to complete the NY Times bestselling memoir Greenlights. This was a highly-enjoyable book containing several great stories and providing … [Read the rest]

E-Trade Brokerage Transfer Bonus Promotion: Up to $4,000, Both New and Existing Customers

If you are not an active trader, you may find that most brokerage firms are now very similar. They nearly all have free stock trades, mobile trading app, and a paid robo-advisor option. Just have a basket of ETFs and some individual stocks? If … [Read the rest]

Better Mortgage: $2,000/$6,000 Credit with American Express, $100 Best Rate Guarantee

Better is an online mortgage lender that promises a fast pre-approval process, no application fees, origination fees, and faster closing. Right now, American Express cardholders have a special offer with a $2,000 statement credit (conforming) or … [Read the rest]

PFS Buyers Club: New US Mint Coin Deal (Now $155+ Net Profit, August 2021)

(Updated: The commission has increased to $145.05, a $60 increase from the initial offer.) Another new coin deal August 3rd, 2021. PFS Buyers Club has another coin deal on two limited edition Morgan Silver Dollars. See details … [Read the rest]

This Becky Quick Quote Sums Up the Buffett and Munger Partnership

After finishing up the 4-part CNBC Squawk Podcast containing the full "Wealth of Wisdom" interview with Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger, the journalist Becky Quick summed up the essence of their 60-year friendship and partnership (emphasis … [Read the rest]

Creating a 10-Year Backup Plan For (Post) Early Retirement

My contrarian thought of the day? I feel that the retirement planning industry downplays the role of luck. Life is not a as certain as the smooth exponential curves that they show you. Perhaps the statistically optimal bet is to jump a bit early … [Read the rest]

PFS Buyers Club: New US Mint Coin Arbitrage Opportunity ($300+ Net Profit, July 2021)

New deal July 29th, 2021. The US Mint regularly releases limited-edition coins to collectors. The coin sets are often limited to one per household, but end up worth more than the initial cost. PFS Buyers Club is a website broker that recruits … [Read the rest]

Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Card Review: 1.5% Flat Cash Back (Up to 2.6% With Preferred Rewards)

The new Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards Card is the most simple, straightforward, no-annual-fee credit card in the Bank of America line-up. If you are a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase the cash back earned by 25% to 75%. For such … [Read the rest]

529 College Savings Plan Flexibility: My529 Sends Money To All 50 States

My quarterly statement told me that the My529 plan (formerly Utah Educational Savings Plan) has been around for 25 years now, and included the map above which has dots from all the different places that they have directly sent withdrawals. All 50 … [Read the rest]

USDC Stablecoin Reserves Breakdown July 2021

For those following stablecoin, Centre (founded by Circle) has released another breakdown of USDC reserves as of July 16, 2021. The accounting firm Grant Thornton attests that the total fair value of US dollar denominated assets held in segregated … [Read the rest]