My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

MyPanera Coffee + American Express Card: 6 Months of Free Unlimited Hot or Iced Coffee

American Express is offering all their cardholders a free 6-month subscription to MyPanera+. You must redeem via that link and sign into your AmEx account. Many of us have had MyPanera free trials before, but hopefully this can land us another 6 … [Read the rest]

BJ’s Wholesale Club Membership Discount: $20 for 1 Year (Regularly $55)

Groupon has brought back their BJ's Wholesale New Membership deal. You pay only $20 for a One-Year BJ’s Inner Circle Membership (regularly $55 if you bought directly). New members only* (you could get your spouse or partner to sign-up). Valid at … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – November 2021 Update

via GIPHY Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of November 2021, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. I look for lesser-known opportunities earning more than most "high-yield" savings accounts and money … [Read the rest]

Synchrony Premier World Mastercard Review: 2% Cash Back + Free Cell Phone Protection

The Synchrony Premier World Mastercard is a rewards credit card that earns 2% cash back on every purchase with no annual fee. There are no rotating categories, activation deadlines, no earning caps, or miles/points to redeem. It was previously … [Read the rest]

Kids and Money: Start Your First Business Early

Listening to the old Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meetings in podcast format is a form of treasure hunting. Much of it is familiar and repetitive, but every so often there is a little bit that is new. This week's tiny gold nugget is that … [Read the rest]

Savings I Bonds November 2021 Interest Rate: 7.12% Inflation Rate

November 2021 rate confirmed at 7.12%. The variable inflation-indexed rate for I bonds bought from November 1, 2021 through April 30th, 2022 will indeed be 7.12% as predicted. Every single I bond will earn this rate eventually for 6 months, depending … [Read the rest]

Best 529 College Savings Plan Rankings 2021 – Morningstar (+ My Top Pick)

Investment research firm Morningstar has released their annual 529 College Savings Plans gold/silver/bronze medalist ratings for 2021. While the full ratings and plan analysis for every individual plan are restricted to paid premium members, the … [Read the rest]

Finally Time to Start Redeeming Miles and Points Again!

It's been a while since I've redeemed any airline miles or hotel points, so I'm excited to start doing so again. We still had thousands of dollars in airline credit balances from early 2020, and I just booked a flight and two hotel nights in … [Read the rest]

BlockFi Promos: 8.75% APY Interest on Stablecoins, BTC Bonus, Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card

(Update February 2022: BlockFi now pays 8.75% APY on stablecoin balances up to $20,000 (USDC, GUSD, USDT) and 4.5% APY on up to 0.10 BTC.) BlockFi is a cryptocurrency platform that both pays high interest on crypto deposits (including stablecoins) … [Read the rest]

Spiral Banking App Review: $50 + $200 Bonus Details, Donations Required, iOS Only

Spiral is a new fintech banking app (iOS only currently) with a unique mandate on social responsibility through charitable giving. If you maintain an account with them, you must agree to set aside some portion of every deposit towards a charitable … [Read the rest]

M1 Finance Backdoor Roth IRA Instructions, How To w/ Screenshots

I recently completed a Backdoor Roth IRA contribution at M1 Finance (my review), so here is a detailed step-by-step walkthrough of the process along with screenshots based on my actual experience. M1 Finance currently has a new customer bonus offer … [Read the rest]

Charlie Munger: A Double Layer of Risk Protection

My current commute/workout/kid taxi listening is old Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meetings after finding them in podcast format. (I know, out of all the choices available, somehow I find these the most stimulating?!) Here is a educational excerpt … [Read the rest]