My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Sam’s Club New Membership Deal: $25 + $25 Off 1st Purchase of $25+

Groupon has brought back their Sam's Club membership deals, which come around a few times per year and offers a deeply-discounted membership. There are two options. The $25 option includes: 12-month Sam’s Club membership (retail … [Read the rest]

MMB Portfolio 2022 2nd Quarter Update: Dividend & Interest Income

via GIPHY Here’s my quarterly update on the income produced by my Humble Portfolio (2022 Q2). I track the income produced as an alternative metric for performance. The total income goes up much more gradually and consistently than the number … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime Day 2022: 20% Off Gift Cards, Amazon Gift Card Promo, Apple, Bose, 23andMe, Free Grubhub+, Pay w/ Points Promos

Prime Day is live! Amazon Prime Day 2022 is now live: July 12th and 13th (Tuesday and Wednesday). Here are some of the better deals and other low-hanging fruit (and thus offset a chunk of that membership fee). Otherwise, I check on the things I … [Read the rest]

Target Deal Days 2022: 5% Off Gift Cards Through 7/13

Target is having their Target Deal Days at the same time as Amazon Prime Day again. The online-only sale is "3 days of show-stopping savings with no membership fees.". Hopefully you can find a discount on something you were already looking to … [Read the rest]

MMB Humble Portfolio 2022 2nd Quarter Update: Asset Allocation & Performance

Here's my quarterly update on my current investment holdings as of 7/8/22, including our 401k/403b/IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts but excluding real estate and side portfolio of self-directed investments. Following the concept of skin in the … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – July 2022 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of July 2022, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. We all need some safe assets for cash reserves or portfolio stability, and there are often lesser-known opportunities … [Read the rest]

Pentagon Federal CD Specials: 2-Year 2.75% APY, 5-Year 3.50% APY (Ends 7/7)

PenFed has some July 4th CD specials with competitive rates. They call their CDs "money market certificates". NCUA-insured (the credit union equivalent of FDIC-insured). The minimum opening deposit is $1,000. Here are the early withdrawal … [Read the rest]

Enzo Fintech App: 2% Cash Back on Rent (Up to $150/Year), Special APY and Equity For Early Members

Updated July 2022. Enzo is another fintech app with the catchy feature of 2% cash back on rent, but unfortunately the earning caps are much more modest than initially promised. They are also dangling the possibility of higher interest rates and … [Read the rest]

SoFi Personal Loan $300 Bonus (No Fees)

SoFi is offering a $300 personal loan bonus via referral if you take out a SoFi Personal loan offer for the minimum amount of $5,000. SoFi charges no fees, so no application fee, no origination fee, no prepayment (early payoff) fee. You will get a … [Read the rest]

Why I Emptied Out My Crypto Exchange Accounts (Including Stablecoins)

via GIPHY As I've said many times, I'm not a crypto expert. However, I do enjoy financial history. As such, I've followed crypto through the lens of Matt Levine's observation that “most of what actually happens with Bitcoin is about … [Read the rest]

Fidelity Solo FidFolios: DIY Custom Direct Indexing (Similar to M1 Finance)

Fidelity just announced a new feature called Fidelity Solo FidFolios. You can make a custom index with up to 50 individual stocks, or a custom asset allocation portfolio using ETFs. You can then buy into your custom portfolio all a once using … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates Update: 90-Day CD at 2% APY, 2-Year CD at 3% APY, 3-Year MYGA at 4% (Mid-June 2022)

Rates are still moving up, especially in the shorter maturities. Even the rates quoted below may become outdated quickly, but so here is a mid-month update for June 2022. As of 6/21/2022: Brokered CD rates: 3-month CD at 2% APY, 2-Year CDs … [Read the rest]