My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuity (MYGA) to Immediate Annuity Example (Rates Now 5%+)

Many people hold a blanket assumption that all annuities are bad investments. Indeed, many annuities offer confusing promises with high hidden expenses, but I believe that certain annuities can be a very useful tool in retirement planning. First, … [Read the rest]

Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Application Website Now Open

Update 10/18/2022: You can now apply for the Federal Student Loan Debt Relief Program at https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief/application. "Time to Complete: About 5 Minutes. No Login or Documents Required." Original post 8/24/2022: The … [Read the rest]

Firstrade Broker Deposit or ACAT Transfer Bonus: Up to $4,000

Firstrade is a broker unique in that they include $0 online stock/ETF trades, $0 options + $0 per contract, and $0 mutual fund trades (including no-load). Most of the major brokers charge per options contract and for no-load mutual fund trades. … [Read the rest]

Starbucks + Delta Airlines Promo: 500 SkyMiles + 150 Stars

Delta Airlines is partnering with Starbucks, including with a account linking promo worth an easy 500 Delta Skymiles and 150 Starbucks Stars (worth a free drink of any size or breakfast/snack item): 150 Stars and 500 miles when you link before … [Read the rest]

Public Stock Brokerage App: Up to $10,000 ACAT Transfer Bonus (New Tiers)

Update January 2023: Public has been gradually making the bonus tiers higher and/or the bonus amount lower, but the offer is still alive. Please visit the offer page for the most current tiers and terms. Updates 10/11/22: Here are a few … [Read the rest]

Amazon October 11-12 Prime Day 2022: Free $10 Credit w/ $50 Gift Card Purchase

Amazon is having another Prime Day on October 11 & 12, basically another day of deals. Here are the low-hanging fruit like a $10 gift card credit and a few select deep-discount deals. Otherwise, I check on the things I need to buy anyway and try … [Read the rest]

MMB Portfolio 2022 3rd Quarter Update: Dividend & Interest Income

Here’s my quarterly income update for my Humble Portfolio (2022 Q3). I track the income produced as an alternative metric for performance. The total income goes up much more gradually and consistently than the number shown on brokerage statements … [Read the rest]

MMB Humble Portfolio 2022 3rd Quarter Update: Asset Allocation & Performance

Here's my quarterly update on my current investment holdings as of 10/4/22, including our 401k/403b/IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts but excluding real estate and side portfolio of self-directed investments. Following the concept of skin in the … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – October 2022 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of October 2022, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. We all need some safe assets for cash reserves or portfolio stability, and there are often lesser-known … [Read the rest]

AnnualCreditReport.com: Free Weekly Credit Reports Extended Through End of 2023

Extended again through 2023. AnnualCreditReport.com remains the official government-mandated source of free credit reports. Usually, you can only request a free copy of your credit report every rolling 12 months from each credit reporting company. … [Read the rest]

Interest Rate Watch: Regular Treasury vs. TIPS vs. Breakeven Inflation Rates

There continues to be a lot of interest rate movement in savings accounts, CDs, and other cash equivalents. I find the most interesting corner right now to be the rise of real yields on TIPS (Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities) and their … [Read the rest]

Your Workplace Is Not Your Family. You Will Be Replaced Immediately. (Why F- You Money is Awesome)

A big takeaway from my time on the Early Retirement Forums is that while many posters struggle with the decision to leave their jobs, those that have done so rarely look back. If you are a hard-working, competent employee, it's very likely your … [Read the rest]