My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Retirement Income and Inflation: 30-Year TIPS Ladder vs. SPIA Annuity + Excess Account

This is inadvertently turning into a multi-part series, mostly revolving about taking advantage of long-term TIPS to build guaranteed inflation-adjusted income. Are the current real TIPS yields worthy of locking in? The previous parts: 4% … [Read the rest]

Robinhood IRA: 1% Bonus Match on Retirement Contributions

I have to hand it to Robinhood, they are good at marketing. It took years, but Robinhood is finally offering Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) with the unique feature of giving you an extra 1% on every dollar you contribute, every year. … [Read the rest]

Sustainable Portfolio Withdrawal Rates During High-Inflation Periods

As a follow-up to my previous post on historical inflation (10-year rolling averages), how do periods of high inflation affect safe withdrawal rates for retirement portfolios? I reference a paper about Sustainable Portfolio Withdrawal Rates During … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – December 2022 Update

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of December 2022, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. We all need some safe assets for cash reserves or portfolio stability, and there are often lesser-known … [Read the rest]

Historical Inflation Chart: 10-Year Rolling Average 1872-2022

Advisor Perspectives has a nice chart of 150 years of historical inflation (1872-2022). I appreciate that it includes both the short-term monthly inflation numbers as well as the 10-year rolling average over this long period of time. A few … [Read the rest]

The Best Health Savings Accounts (HSA) Providers: Fidelity and Lively/Schwab

Updated for 2022. It's open enrollment season, and there is better than a 50/50 chance that you will enroll in a high-deductible health plan. That means that you are also eligible to contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA), which has … [Read the rest]

Giving Tuesday 2022: Matching Donations and Finding the Right Charity

Tuesday, November 29th is Giving Tuesday 2022, an international day about giving support through charities and nonprofits by donating money or volunteering your time. In case you aren't inundated with mailings already, this time of year is a big … [Read the rest]

Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2022: Free Amazon Credit Promos

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend! Enjoyed a little break before the holiday chaos begins. Here are a few low-hanging fruit that caught my eye as I jump back in. Must visit on website to see links. All Cyber Week gift card deals (scroll … [Read the rest]

Discount Magazines Black Friday Sale 2022

The annual DiscountMags.com Black Friday Sale is one of the few times where they post their lowest prices for the year. The Black Friday sale actually lasts through Monday 12/5, but the Cyber Monday Bulk Sale only lasts through Wednesday … [Read the rest]

Amazon App: Spin & Win Instant Win Game

Amazon is running a "Spin & Win" Instant Win game (link available online) that only works on the Amazon app and gives you the chance to win a $5-$20 Amazon credit. You can spin once a day through Monday 11/28/22.. I usually don't care for … [Read the rest]

Reader Question: Higher Interest Rates on Cash Without Internet Access or Cell Phone?

Here's a reader question that I found interesting regarding "low-tech" retirees: Hi - my 82 year-old father-in-law does not own a cell phone or a computer. He has very little "visibility" on the internet because he was a self-employed craftsman … [Read the rest]

Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card: 60,000 Bonus Points (Worth $900 Toward Travel), $300 Annual Travel Credit

The "ultra-premium" Chase Sapphire Reserve® is offering an opening incentive of 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points which can be redeemed for at least $900 of travel when you redeem through Chase Travel(SM), but can also be used in many other ways which … [Read the rest]