My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Marcus Bank: $100 Bonus on $10,000 Deposit (New and Existing Customers)

Marcus by Goldman Sachs is offering a $100 bonus if you deposit $10,000+ in new funds into their online savings account within 10 days of enrollment at this special offer page. Valid for both new and existing customers. You must enroll by 2/15/2023 … [Read the rest]

Chase Bank $900 Bonus w/ Coupon Code: Total Checking + Savings

Chase Bank has a Total Checking + Savings account promotion offering up to $900 total for new customers that open both a checking and savings account with them along with additional specific requirements. This is a limited-time offer and … [Read the rest]

Callan Periodic Table of Investment Returns 2022 Year-End Update

It's the same at the end of every year. People will explain 2022 to you like it was obvious that cash would be king, and the proceed to make confident predictions about 2023. Humility may not get you a lot of social media followers, but it's a … [Read the rest]

Better Future: Free Background Check Powered by Checkr

(Update 2023: Better Future suspended their free background checks during the pandemic, but I just noticed that they are back up and running, An inaccurate background check can prevent you from getting a job, so it is better to check now and … [Read the rest]

Public App Treasury Account Review: 6-Month T-Bill Interest With The Ease of a Savings Account?

Investing app Public just announced a Treasury Account which basically lets you buy and hold 6-month US Treasury Bills in a more convenient wrapper (press release). You can invest as little as $100 and they will buy the T-Bills for you (and sell … [Read the rest]

Paper Savings Bonds: Pay w/ Credit Card by 1/17, Use Tax Refund To Increase Purchase Limit by $5,000

As inflation spiked, so did interest in purchasing inflation-linked Series I Savings bonds. Some folks have been going to extra lengths to increase their ability to purchase them, buying savings bonds for kids, trusts, LLCs, corporations, and so on. … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – January 2023

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of January 2023, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. We all need some safe assets for cash reserves or portfolio stability, and there are often lesser-known … [Read the rest]

MMB Portfolio 2022 Year-End Update: Dividend & Interest Income

Here’s my 2022 Year-End income update for my Humble Portfolio. I track the income produced as an alternative metric for performance. The total income goes up much more gradually and consistently than the number shown on brokerage statements … [Read the rest]

Citi Premier Card: 60,000 ThankYou Points (Worth $600 in Gift Cards, 60,000 Miles, $600 Airfare Offset, $480 at Amazon, More)

The Citi Premier Card is an improved rewards credit card with the ability to transfer points to airlines miles as well as an added $100 annual hotel savings benefit. Right now, they have a sign-up bonus offer of 60,000 bonus points (redeemable for … [Read the rest]

MMB Humble Portfolio 2022 Year-End Update: Asset Allocation & Performance

Here's my quarterly update on my current investment holdings as of the end of 2022, including our 401k/403b/IRAs and taxable brokerage accounts but excluding real estate and side portfolio of self-directed investments. Following the concept of skin … [Read the rest]

Personal Capital: $100 Visa Gift Card For Financial Advisory Sales Call (Expired)

Update: This offer is now expired and not currently available. I am leaving up the details for those that did the deal previously. Expired offer: $100 offer is back. You must sign up by 1/31/23 and have your meeting by 2/28/2023. Personal … [Read the rest]

2023 Retirement and Benefit Account Contribution Limits: 401k, 403b, IRA, HSA, DCFSA

The beginning of the year is also a good time to check on the new annual contribution limits for retirement and benefit accounts, many of which are indexed to inflation. Our income has been quite variable these last few years, so I regularly adjust … [Read the rest]