My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Homebuying Struggles: Low Inventory, High Prices, Highest Ever Mortgage Payments

I definitely feel for prospective homebuyers in the current market. My parents are one of them, looking for a place in retirement. According to Redfin and Mortgage News Daily, we currently have low inventory (partially due to people with sub-6% … [Read the rest]

Why I Don’t Use Covered Calls As a Retirement Income Strategy

Eventually, you will be presented with the idea of writing covered calls on your portfolio and earning "easy income" from this strategy. I already know intuitively that there must be a cost to this "passive income" and that the net effect is worse … [Read the rest]

Bank of America Premium Rewards Card Review – 60,000 Point Offer, Best with Preferred Rewards

Improved 60k offer. The Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card is the mid-tier premium card in the line-up, with added perks in exchange for an $95 annual fee. (Comparable with the Chase Sapphire Preferred and American Express Green cards.) … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – June 2023

Here's my monthly roundup of the best interest rates on cash as of June 2023, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. There are often lesser-known opportunities available to individual investors. Check out my Ultimate Rate-Chaser … [Read the rest]

Andrews FCU 7.5-Month Certificate at 5.75% APY

Andrews FCU is celebrating their 75th anniversary with a special 7.5 month certificate at a very competitive 5.75% APY. $1,000 minimum opening deposit, $250,000 maximum. Limit one certificate per membership. Early withdrawal penalty is 90 days … [Read the rest]

Target: Buy $100 in Choice Gift Cards, Get $10 Target Gift Card

Target is running a promotion where if you get a $10 Target GiftCard with $100 "Choice" gift card purchase, in-store or online. Promo ends June 10th. I'm guessing this is related to Father's Day. (The Mother's Day promo was better, what's up?!) … [Read the rest]

United Quest(SM) Card Review: 60,000 Bonus Miles + 500 PQP

The relatively new United QuestSM Card is a new premium travel card that offers a lot of added perks on United Airlines for a higher annual fee. Here are the highlights: 60,000 bonus miles and 500 Premier qualifying points after you spend … [Read the rest]

Chase United Explorer Card Review – 50,000 Miles Offer + Annual Fee Waived First Year

The United Explorer Card is a Chase-issued credit card that offers unique perks on United Airlines including free checked bags and expanded award seat availability for redeeming miles. Here are the highlights: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after … [Read the rest]

The Power (and Limitations) of Buy & Hold “Do Nothing” Portfolios

Morningstar has been running an interesting series of articles on "Do Nothing" portfolios where they take the idea of "Buy and Hold" to the extreme. When you buy and hold a traditional index fund, the holdings still change over time. New … [Read the rest]

Why a Your Portfolio Should Contain (At Least Some) International Stocks

If you own a target retirement fund, you probably own a decent chunk of international stocks. However, these days it's harder to find people telling you to own international stocks when you build your own portfolio, mostly because of the … [Read the rest]

SaveBetter No-Penalty CD Review: How To Cancel No-Penalty CDs

No-Penalty CDs try to offer the best of both worlds - the liquidity of a savings account, and the higher fixed interest rate of a term CD. If rates go up, you can still move to the new higher rate. If rates drop, you are covered because the … [Read the rest]

AllAmerica and Redneck Bank: 4.90% APY Money Market (up to $100k), 5.15% APY Rewards Checking (up to $15k)

Update 4/1/24: Rates dropped to 4.90% APY on up to $100,000 for Mega Money Market and 5.15% APY on up to $15,000 for Rewards Checking (debit card usage and other requirements apply). Details below. All America Bank and Redneck Bank are sister … [Read the rest]