My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Amazon Prime: Download Shows and Movies, View Offline For Free

Amazon has announced that Amazon Prime members can download select movies and TV episodes for offline viewing, at no additional charge. This works on all Apple iPhones, iPads, and Android-based devices. You may need to update your apps to the … [Read the rest]

Lifetime Income vs. Lump Sum Payouts: You May Live Longer Than You Think

My parents are in the midst of planning their retirement payout structure. I don't know about everyone else, but in my mind I tend to plan to live to pretty much exactly age 80. Early death is depressing to think about (even though I have term … [Read the rest]

Free FICO Score from Citi Credit Cards

This post provides updated information and instructions regarding the free FICO score that is available to Citibank credit card holders. Background. While their plans were announced in late 2014, Citi started offering free FICO scores to select … [Read the rest]

Free FICO Score from Discover Credit Cards

This post provides updated information and instructions regarding the free FICO score that is available to Discover credit card holders. Background. While a pilot program started in late 2013, Discover started offering a free FICO score to all … [Read the rest]

Stock Investing: Taking Your Money Off The Table Until Things Calm Down?

Updated 2020. How many e-mails have you gotten regarding "recent market volatility"? The advice is almost always the same, think long-term. Feeling some fear and uncertainty is normal. During extreme times, a phrase often heard will be "I'm … [Read the rest]

Amazon Underground: 450+ Free Android Apps with Free In-App Purchases

If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, Amazon just released Amazon Underground, which adds a collection of 450+ apps which have agreed to be 100% free, including all in-app purchases. Amazon will somehow pay the publishers based on how much … [Read the rest]

Free FICO Score from American Express Credit Cards

This post provides updated information and instructions regarding the free FICO score that is available to American Express credit card holders. Background. In late 2014, American Express started piloting free FICO scores to select cardholders. … [Read the rest]

The Many Flavors of FICO Credit Scores

Every week it seems there is a new way to get a free FICO score. Over the last 10 years, I'm pretty sure I've only paid for a FICO score once when I was paranoid about my first mortgage application. Why aren't they charging us $15 a pop anymore? … [Read the rest]

Elizabeth Gilbert On Taking Back 30 Minutes A Day For Yourself

Right this second, there are probably 37 different things vying for your time and attention. Are you letting the right things get through? Elizabeth Gilbert is best known for her bestselling memoir Eat, Pray, Love. In a recent Facebook post, … [Read the rest]

Expedia+ Voyager Card from Citi Review

This offer is expired. … [Read the rest]

Expedia+ Credit Card from Citi Review

This offer is expired. Expedia.com has revamped their in-house loyalty rewards program. Citi and Expedia have partnered on a new set of co-branded credit cards. … [Read the rest]

CoPatient: Helping You Answer “Is This a Reasonable Medical Bill?”

High-deductible health plans are still growing in popularity. While these can be a great way to save on your monthly premiums, it also means that when you do have to visit the emergency room, you get to tackle nearly the entire bill instead of a … [Read the rest]