My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

BankAmericard® Credit Card Review

Bank of America is the issuer behind many different credit cards, but only a few of them carry the "BankAmericard" co-branding. I have written up reviews of the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card and the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit … [Read the rest]

Overcast Podcast App, Premium Time-Saving Features Now Free

If you like to listen to podcasts, or are thinking of starting, the full version of the Overcast app (iOS only) is now completely free while remaining ad-free. (There is a patronage option and much accompanying drama that I'll ignore here.) All of … [Read the rest]

SubscriptMe App Review: Watch Those Recurring Expenses!

"Subscriptions are forgettable by design." That is the opening line for the app description of SubscriptMe, a free iPhone/iOS app that help you track your recurring expenses. How true. All the behavioral psychology-based personal finance tips … [Read the rest]

Kashi “All Natural” Class Action Settlement

Here's another class action settlement involving a popular food which may affect you. Kashi and Kelloggs settled a lawsuit claiming that they mislabeled products as "all natural" or "nothing artificial". As usual, they don't admit wrongdoing but … [Read the rest]

Free $5 Starbucks Gift Card for AT&T Wireless Customers

Ting.com has a limited-time promotion offering AT&T customers a free cup of coffee (in the form of a free $5 Starbuck gift card) if they check their phone compatibility with Ting. You'll need your AT&T phone's IMEI and your phone number. Limit … [Read the rest]

BeFrugal.com: Another Cashback Shopping Portal

$10 refer-a-friend bonus is back. BeFrugal.com is yet another cashback shopping portal that gives a percentage back on online shopping purchases made through their links. Right now it's also offering a $10 sign-up bonus for a limited-time to get you … [Read the rest]

Owning a McDonald’s Franchise: Purchase Cost vs. Annual Profit

Despite their negative media attention, the McDonald's franchise that I drive past every day is packed all the time. I rarely eat there (especially since my diet bet), but I used to think to myself that if I were going to buy a franchise, I'd buy … [Read the rest]

Andre Agassi Interview: Typical Day in Retirement

Andre Agassi became famous for being a professional tennis player, but his greatest legacy may be through his work in charitable and social causes. He now oversees both a charitable foundation and the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, a … [Read the rest]

Ideal Diversification Between US and International Stocks?

One of the decisions a DIY investor needs to make is how much international stock exposure to add to their portfolio. Recently, the US stock market has had much higher returns than non-US stocks overall, including Emerging Markets. But this … [Read the rest]

List of Free Starwood Preferred Guest Points + Avoid Expiration

Updated. Here are some quick deals for some free Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points. I'll try to update this post instead of making new ones in the future. These are handy for extending the expiration of all your points, which otherwise may be … [Read the rest]

On Planting Trees and Enjoying The Leaves

Autumn. My parents are thinking of taking a special tour to watch the leaves fall in New England. You can even pay someone to ship you a bundle of leaves for 20 bucks. I recently came across a piece of inspirational art with the following quote … [Read the rest]

Ally Bank Savings Account Review

Update. I've done a significant amount of my banking with Ally for years (checking, savings, and multiple CDs), but the "gateway drug" for me and probably most people will be their Ally Online Savings Account. You can use this savings account as a … [Read the rest]