My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Free Rideshare Promo Codes: Uber, Lyft, Gett, Sidecar, Curb, And More

Updated, possible $20 free credit for existing Uber customers, new codes for both new and existing Silvercar customers. Summon everything from your phone! Most of these startups offer bonus credit for first-time users. If you live in a major … [Read the rest]

GMO 7-Year Asset Class Return Forecasts, December 2015

As 2015 winds down, here is a snapshot of the asset class forecasts provided by GMO and the most recent market commentary by co-founder Jeremy Grantham. You can access both of these at GMO.com, although some items require free e-mail … [Read the rest]

Financial Independence Heat Map: Starting Age vs. Savings Rate

If you are into podcasts and enjoy long conversations about higher-level personal finance topics (put that in your dating profile!), check out the Radical Personal Finance podcast. I've only listened to a few, but I enjoyed Episode 181 on The Impact … [Read the rest]

Free 1,100 Le Club AccorHotels Points = 550 Delta SkyMiles

Promotion has expired. Accor Hotels is a huge hotel network, especially in Europe. Their new Rewards Quest game promotion will net you over 1,000 free points in their Le Club AccorHotel loyalty program, all in under 5-10 minutes. You don't even … [Read the rest]

The Economics of Reality Court TV Shows (Behind-The-Scenes)

Have you ever wondered how the participants get paid in court TV shows like Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, or The People's Court? Over the weekend, I got this tweet from a casting director for a new court TV show where a celebrity gets to be the … [Read the rest]

Curbside App: Get $20 off Target “Drive Thru Window” (Limited Locations)

Curbside is a new app that adds a "drive thru window" to local stores like Target, Best Buy, or Home Depot. You order stuff with your smartphone (iOS or Android), and pick it up without parking your car. No handling fees, no markups. An … [Read the rest]

FileThis App Review: Automatically Backup Your Online Statements

Update 2023: FileThis is shutting down. Old post: A few months ago on my post about Paperless vs. Paper Statements, I received this helpful comment from reader Daveraham: I like the services FileThis.com. It’s setup similar to MInt, … [Read the rest]

Amazon.com: Extra 25% Off Another Print Book

New code so you can get 25% off again. Good through 12/13 Midnight Pacific. Take an extra 25% off any book at Amazon.com with promo code 25OFFBOOK. Print books only, max $10 off, must by sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Valid until December 14, … [Read the rest]

My 529 Plan Asset Allocation, Part 2: Glide Path

This is a continuation of Part 1: Extension of Retirement or Standalone Portfolio? If you've chosen a standalone portfolio for your 529 plan, every provider will offer you age-based portfolio that automatically adjusts based on the age if your … [Read the rest]

My 529 Plan Asset Allocation, Part 1: Extension of Retirement or Standalone Portfolio?

I'm finally getting around to setting up 529 college savings plans for my kids. It remains my opinion that you should make sure your retirement savings are on track before worrying about college savings. The government let me borrow over $50,000 … [Read the rest]

Credit Card Industry Charts: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover

Here's a quick infographic for followers of the credit card industry. As part of the Bloomberg Businessweek article How Bad Will It Get for American Express?, there was an informative graphic comparing the number of cards, number of accepting … [Read the rest]

How To Start Your Very First Business by Warren Buffett’s Secret Millionaires Club (Book Review)

While I don't expect my kids to be the next Warren Buffett, I do plan on encouraging them to start and run their own tiny businesses someday. I've previously shared an online cartoon series called Secret Millionaires Club that teaches financial … [Read the rest]