My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

WiseBanyan Review: Free Portfolio Management Experiences & Screenshots

Updated May 2016. WiseBanyan has made some changes to their product. The highlights: New logo, mobile-responsive site design, and smartphone apps. Tax-loss harvesting now available as paid feature. WiseHarvesting is their first premium … [Read the rest]

Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card – 0% Intro APR for 18 Months, Cell Phone Protection, Free FICO Score

The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card is a credit card that is best for those looking to transfer in balances from another issuer. It also offers a unique cell phone protection benefit with a low deductible, as well as a free FICO score. Here are … [Read the rest]

Follow-Up Review: Costco Freezer Meal Plan From 5 Dollar Dinners

A while ago, I wrote about a meal planner service called $5 Dinners that provided instructions on how to make 20 slow cooker meals for $150 at Costco. You go to Costco, buy exactly what is on the provided shopping list (6 pack of chicken breasts, … [Read the rest]

If The Best Investors Do Nothing, Are the Next Best on Target Fund Auto-Pilot?

This is becoming a recurring theme around here, but I came across an interesting tidbit in this ProPublica article on how your brain plays tricks on you. Emphasis mine: Fidelity did a study of all their accounts to see what types of investors … [Read the rest]

Callan Inflation Hedge Comparison, 10-Year Return Forecast 2016

Another source of investment research and market commentary that I track is from Callan Associates. You may recall the name from their annual Callan Periodic Table of Returns. In addition to that, Callan offers free access to their entire … [Read the rest]

Finimize Insider Access for Daily Finance Newsletter

In response to the flood of information constantly coming at us, there are daily e-mail round-ups that curate and summarize. A popular general news newsletter that I enjoy is NextDraft, but there is also one specifically for finance news called … [Read the rest]

Real Estate Crowdfunding Experiment #3: Apartment 6-Plex in Wisconsin with RealtyShares

Here are details of my 3rd real estate crowdfunding investment, a $2,000 loan for a 6-unit apartment complex in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This follows my $5,000 Patch of Land loan in a single-family house in California, and a $2,000 Fundrise Income eREIT … [Read the rest]

Netspend Card 5% APY Savings Account Review

(Update: On 5/31, NetSpend effectively issued a 30-day notice that the rate structure will be changed as of July 1st, 2016 such that the 5% APY will apply up to $1,000 and anything above that gets 0.50% APY. The 5% APY will apply to up to $5,000 … [Read the rest]

Optimize Your Bank Account Setup: Megabanks, Credit Unions, Online Banks, and Prepaid Cards

Consumer Reports is getting more into financial products, with their January 2016 issue cover article on Choosing The Best Bank For You, most of which was also made available to the public without a subscription. If you haven't optimized your bank … [Read the rest]

Grantham GMO Q1 2016 Quarterly Letter Highlights

Here are my notes and takeaways from the GMO Quarterly Letter for Q1 2016, released May 10th, 2016. I always pick up something educational when reading these letters (previous editions may require free registration.) I already discussed their Q1 … [Read the rest]

Free 1,000 United Miles with Prosper Daily App (Expired)

Promo expired early. Marketplace lender Prosper acquired the BillGuard app in late 2015, and has re-branded it as Prosper Daily. Right now, you can get 1,000 free United miles if you register here first with your United MileagePlus number, install … [Read the rest]

Free FICO Score For Everyone via CreditScoreCard, No Credit Card Required

Discover has rolled out a new service called Credit ScoreCard, which provides everyone access to their FICO score for no charge with no trials or credit card relationship required. (Well, free in exchange for right to market things to you based on … [Read the rest]