My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Costco Members: Free Sam’s Club Access Through July 4th

Sam's Club must be tired of Costco getting all this free publicity from them switching from American Express to Visa. Their Twitter account just announced that showing your Costco Membership card will get you a free day pass to any Sam's Club … [Read the rest]

Index Funds: The Movie

Have you been unsuccessfully searching Netflix for a 72-minute documentary about index funds? Well, your wait is finally over. Game of Thrones, watch your back! :) Also adapted from a book of the same title, Index Funds: The 12-Step Recovery … [Read the rest]

Top 5 Retirement Savings Tips from John Oliver

John Oliver again tackled personal finance on his HBO show Last Week Tonight, this time exploring retirement savings. (He previously covered credit reports.) Here is the full video link, embedded … [Read the rest]

Free Amazon Credits from Apple eBooks Antitrust Settlement

The short version: Apple settled an e-Book antitrust lawsuit for $400 million. Click here and log in to instantly check if you were awarded any credit automatically to your Amazon account. Note the purchases that count would have been made … [Read the rest]

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi: My Review

Citi and Costco have new co-branded credit cards, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi and the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi. Here are the highlights for each card. Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi highlights: (For Personal … [Read the rest]

Fidelity Portfolio Advisory Service (PAS) Fee Schedule

From time to time, people ask to send me details of their current portfolio for some advice. I usually decline respectfully as I don't feel qualified to provide specific investment advice, but I did accept a copy of the general fee schedule for … [Read the rest]

I Tried Harry’s Free Razor Trial and This Is What Happened…

...that's the ad text that they used to target me, apparently someone who may be interested in bright-orange, modern-looking razor blades. I couldn't find the exact ad again, but a similar one is to the right. (Alternate title: Harry's Free Trial … [Read the rest]

Reasons For Owning High-Quality Bonds

Here are some helpful resources on owning only bonds of the highest credit quality as part of your portfolio asset allocation. David Swensen in his book Unconventional Success argued that alignment of interests is important. With stocks, the … [Read the rest]

529 Plan Interactive Comparison Map and Tax Deduction Calculator

The Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan (based in Nevada but open to all state residents) is one of the consistent Morningstar top-ranked 529 plans and one of my three personal finalists when choosing a plan for myself. While poking around the … [Read the rest]

Investing 1% Of Your Portfolio Into Gold

A reader recently sent me a set of articles by Scott Burns about a person he calls the Rational Gold Investor here and here. I've been a long-time reader of Scott Burns because while he has been a steady proponent of passive and low-cost investing, … [Read the rest]

Big List of Bank / Credit Card Privacy Opt-Out Links

If you have any sort of financial account, you've probably gotten one of these privacy forms in the mail: The information they are talking about can include: Social Security number How much you make (Income) How much money you have … [Read the rest]

WalletHub Review: Free Daily TransUnion Credit Score and Report

Here's a quick review of a new credit service called WalletHub. While the stated mission is to help improve your financial situation, at its core is a service that offers free credit score, free credit reports, and free credit monitoring. In … [Read the rest]