My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

UberPool vs. Public Transportation: New York City Promotion

It's no secret that Uber wants to take over the world... or at least replace individual car ownership. Uber just announced a New York City UberPool promotion that offers unlimited rides this July and August: Two-Week Unlimited Commute Card … [Read the rest]

Infographic: The Best Paying Job In Each State, Relative To National Average

Business Insider mined data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and compared the state average salary and the national average salary for each job occupation. The single occupation with the largest percent difference is listed in the infographic … [Read the rest]

Amazon Prime Day 2016 Deals, Wal-Mart Free Shipping

(Amazon Prime Day was July 12, 2016 and is now over. Some of the related deals below may still be live.) Last year, Amazon made up it's own Black Friday-esque holiday and called it Amazon Prime Day. It was mostly disappointing, but this year … [Read the rest]

Private College Tuition Discount Rates to Sticker Price Still Rising

The National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) recently released their 2015 Tuition Discounting Study. While the average quoted "sticker price" tuition went up again as expected, so did the "tuition discount rate". … [Read the rest]

Healthy Food Rankings Map: The Most Under-Appreciated vs. Over-Marketed Foods

The NY Times surveyed Americans and a panel of nutrition experts about which foods they thought were good or bad for you. Everybody agreed that apples and carrots are healthy food. Everybody agreed that soda pop and cookies are unhealthy foods. … [Read the rest]

Where Should You Focus Your Energy? Earn , Save, Grow, or Preserve

While I often talk about your savings rate as an important metric for reaching financial freedom, I also follow that up by talking about managing both parts of that formula: earning more and/or spending less. Focusing your energy on a specific task … [Read the rest]

Morningstar Target Date Fund Comparisons: Vanguard, Fidelity, T. Rowe Price

Target Date Funds (TDFs) get their name because they adjust their portfolio holdings automatically over time based on a given target retirement date. The overall growth of TDF assets continues, especially within employer-based 401(k) and 403(b) … [Read the rest]

Chase Freedom 10% Back on Hotels and Car Rentals via Ultimate Rewards

The Chase Freedom credit card has a new special promotion offering 10% cash back on up to $2,500 in combined hotel and car rental purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards in July. Details: The purchases must be made July 1–31, 2016. Your … [Read the rest]

FreeCreditScore.com Review: Free Experian FICO Score, Credit Report, and Credit Monitoring

The URL is suspiciously generic and raised my scam radar, but Experian-owned FreeCreditScore.com has been revamped to offer a pretty good package - a free FICO score, full credit report, and free credit monitoring based on your Experian credit report … [Read the rest]

Fundrise Income eREIT Review

Updated with Q2 2016 performance results. My second real estate crowdfunding investment is $2,000 into the Fundrise Income eREIT. (REIT = Real Estate Investment Trust.) Their investment claim is being the "first ever low-fee, diversified commercial … [Read the rest]

JetBlue Will Match Virgin America Points For Potential $1,000 Airfare Value

Earlier this year, JetBlue wanted to merge with Virgin America, but Alaska Airlines ended up winning the bidding war. Now they are just fighting over potential customers, which means some interesting things for us! The newest promotion offers … [Read the rest]

Brexit

A few of you are waiting for me to talk about Brexit. Part of me is honored that you care about my opinion. The other part of me is appalled that you care about my opinion. Why would you listen to me?!? ;) Here goes: I don't know what's … [Read the rest]