My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Ally Bank 1-Day ACH Funds Transfer Review

Considering all of the things that can be done instantaneously nowadays, I'm rather disappointed that it still takes 3 business days to move money between most financial institutions. NACHA has been gradually working on same-day ACH transfers - … [Read the rest]

Generic Epipen Alternative from CVS for $110 Cash or $10 with Insurance

If you are like me and have to purchase multiple Epipens every year, you may like to know that CVS has a new generic Epipen alternative with a cash cost of $110 with a cost of $10 for many people with commercial health insurance. In most cases, the … [Read the rest]

Bought Milk? Fresh Milk Class Action Settlement

If you bought any dairy products between 2003 and the present, and live (or have lived) in any one of the following states: Arizona, California, the District of Columbia, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, … [Read the rest]

Andrews Federal Credit Union 84-Month Certificate at 3.01% APY

Updated 1/23/17. It appears that Andrews FCU has quietly added back this 7-year 3% APY CD on their share certificate rates page. I don't know how long this will last. Thanks to FI35 for the tip. Please see my Andrews Federal Credit Union … [Read the rest]

New Year’s Resolutions: Nudge Yourself Towards Success

It's now late January. According to "the internet", over 30% of people have already failed at their New Year's Resolution. Well, I say let’s have a do-over since I haven’t even got around to making mine yet. Jonathan Clements has an excellent … [Read the rest]

TurboTax Discounts with State Farm Bank Account (Discontinued for 2016)

Update. In case you were waiting, there will be no special TurboTax discount for State Farm bank and mutual fund customers for tax year 2016. Taken from the TurboTax FAQ. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks to Eric and Michael for the heads … [Read the rest]

The Jack Bogle Appreciation Curve

Jack Bogle is rightfully respected and there are probably over a hundred mentions of his name on this site. His message of common sense, simple, low-cost investing continues to spread since he first opened the Vanguard 500 Index fund to the public … [Read the rest]

New Year’s Checklists: What Is Your Financial Priority List?

Updated for 2017. You've worked hard and you have some money to put away for your future self. What should you do with your money? There is no definitive list, but each person can create their own with common components. You may also want to … [Read the rest]

Wells Fargo $250 New Checking Account Bonus

Wells Fargo has a $250 bonus offer for new checking account customers. You can open any consumer checking account except for Teen Checking. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card is not eligible. You must open the account from the special bonus … [Read the rest]

Alaska Airlines and Virgin America Merger: 10,000 Free Alaska Miles

As Virgin America and Alaska Airlines have closed on their merger/acquisition, they are moving towards merging the two frequent flier programs. If you were a Virgin America Elevate member as of December 5, 2016 and they haven't found a matching … [Read the rest]

IRS Estimated Taxes Due Dates 2017

If you have significant self-employment or other income outside of your W-2 paycheck that is not subject to witholding (interest, rents, dividends, alimony), you may need to send the IRS some money before the usual tax-filing time. This is my … [Read the rest]

Disney Gift Card Discounts: 10%+ Off Your Disney Cruise or Vacation

Update: If you have an American Express Business card, look in the Amex Offers section of your online account page for 20% off a single in-store Sam's Club purchase of $100+ (limit of to $250 back). You could use this offer a variety of ways, but … [Read the rest]