My Money Blog has partnered with CardRatings and may receive a commission from card issuers. Some or all of the card offers that appear on this site are from advertisers and may impact how and where card products appear on the site. MyMoneyBlog.com does not include all card companies or all available card offers. All opinions expressed are the author’s alone.

Airbnb vs. Hotels Price Comparison Chart

Mary Meeker is a partner at famous venture capitalist firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Many people follow her annual presentation about internet trends, and you can view the entire 294 slide deck here. It's a lot of information, but … [Read the rest]

How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free (Book Notes)

After finishing the book How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free by Ernie Zelinski, I am surprised at how unique it is. After all these years, this may be the first book I've read that directly explores the non-financial aspects of retirement. There … [Read the rest]

British Airways Fuel Surcharge Settlement: 12,500 Avios Minimum Claim

If you recently received an e-mail from "Fuel Surcharge Class Action", don't delete it. If you redeemed British Airways frequent flyer miles for an award ticket and paid a fuel surcharge between November 2006 and April 2013, check your spam … [Read the rest]

Stock Market Game: Buy & Hold vs. Market Timing

Here's an interactive "game" at Engaging-Data.com where you can test out your stock market timing skills based on actual historical returns. You'll be given a randomly-selected 3-year period of the S&P 500 from 1950-2018. You start out fully … [Read the rest]

Best Interest Rates on Cash – June 2018

Here is my monthly roundup of the best safe rates available, roughly sorted from shortest to longest maturities. Check out my Ultimate Rate-Chaser Calculator to get an idea of how much additional interest you'd earn if you are moving money between … [Read the rest]

Personal Capital Review: Automatically Track Net Worth and Portfolio Asset Allocation

Personal Capital is free financial website and app that links all of your accounts to track your spending via bank and credit cards, investments, and net worth. You provide your login information, and they pull in the information for you … [Read the rest]

How Much Do You Need To Save For College? Vanguard 529 Calculator

Thinking about 529 plans and like playing around with interactive calculators? This Vanguard tool helps you visualize how much you'll need to save for college and how changing up a specific factor would affect your results. It adjusts for age, … [Read the rest]

Republic Wireless Review: New Phone + 3 Months Service $89 or Free SIM + Free 1st Month

Updated 2018. Republic Wireless is a T-Mobile MVNO that reduces costs by using WiFi for calls and texts whenever possible. They have settled into the simple pricing structure below, with no contracts. The best value plans allow a single … [Read the rest]

Plastiq Promotion: Pay Bills w/ No Fee with Masterpass ($250 Max Per Bill)

New promo. Plastiq has a new promotion where you can pay a bill using a Mastercard in Masterpass with no fee. Expires 9/30/18. Thanks to readers Jon and Bill. Here are the restrictions and details: From now until September 30, 2018, we will … [Read the rest]

Google Express: 25% Off First Order, Free Google Mini for Existing ($125+ Order)

Updated offers. Google Express has a couple more coupon codes that may be of interest. 5RTC4Q545 - $10 credit towards your first order (i.e. $10 off $10). This is my referral code where you get $10 and I get $10 as well. After joining, you … [Read the rest]

Homeowner’s Insurance: How Much Can You Save By Comparison Shopping?

In an ideal world, you would always comparison shop every product or service. But in the real world, that takes time and effort. Is is worth the bother? To estimate the potential benefit of shopping around, Priceonomics analyzed homeowner's … [Read the rest]

Jack Bogle Profile & Vanguard Historical Chart in Barron’s Magazine

The Barron's magazine cover article* this week is a profile of Jack Bogle, founder of Vanguard. It covers a lot of things that Bogle fans may already know (origin story, dislike of ETFs), but there were several bits that were new to me. I look … [Read the rest]