Watching the Olympics has been both inspiring, entertaining, and also taking up a lot of free time. I can’t believe the amount of dedication these people have towards their goals. I am trying to go back to setting regular monthly goals, and writing them down always helps.
A rough list:
- Visit a live foreclosure auction at county courthouse, just for the experience.
- Buy a term life insurance policy.
- Learn more about long-term disability insurance.
- Read one financial book per week, and take notes.
- Learn more about financial analysis of potential rental property.
- Investigate solar water heater credits, and get quotes from contractors. Also look into solar fan for roof/attic.
- Have a series of dinner conversations about finances with wife. Teach her the details of managing all household finances if I am incapacitated. (Show her where I stashed all the money in all these bank accounts…)
- Help parents firm up outlook for retirement based on current assets. Help them complete rollovers of 401k/IRAs to Vanguard.
- Plan international travel somewhere. Currently thinking of hiking the Inca trail in Peru.
By Jonathan Ping | Goals | 8/13/08, 4:28am