If you went for the Sharebuilder bonus I posted a while ago, your bonuses should be coming in now. I just got my second $50 bonus from ShareBuilder from opening up a second account (Joint this time). Those codes are expired, but you can still get a $50 bonus after your first trade with one of these codes:
ENTERTAIN50 – expires 12/31/2006
ENT50 – expires 12/31/2006
HH50LOGIN – expiration unknown
I really like how Sharebuilder keeps you constantly informed on the progress of the offer and helps you make sure you’ve qualified for it. Here’s the well-organized timeline:
1) Visit the Sharebuilder website and start an application. Be sure to input the correct code into the Promotional Code blank.
2) Immediately after you submit your application (pick the Basic plan for no monthly fees and $4 trades), you will get an welcome e-mail titled ‘Welcome to Sharebuilder’.
3) The same day, you will also receive an e-mail titled ‘Your Promotion Code has been Accepted’. Very reassuring. It will even contain specific directions as what you still need to do to fulfill the promotion requirements. In this case, you need to fund your account and make a trade.
4) After you’ve done that, you get another e-mail titled “You have Qualified for the Promotion.” How nice! It will say something like “You have met the requirements of the promotion and will receive your $50 account bonus within 4-6 weeks.”
5) Exactly 4-6 weeks later, you will get another pleasant e-mail titled “Your Promotion has been Fulfilled”. It will say something like “Thank you for participating in our promotion. We have just credited your ShareBuilder Account.” You log into your account, and as promised your free $50 is there.
For me, Steps 1-3 was on March 26, Step 3 was on April 5th, and I got my $50 on May 8th. So they did it on time, and I didn’t have to call them to nag or anything.
Don’t you wish all promotions were like that?!
I don’t know if people can get two bonuses if you apply for a second Individual account, but I applied for one Individual, got the bonus, and then applied for a Joint with the same login information and got the bonuses ($100 total) for both. It may be worth a shot, especially if you’ve already successfully gotten one bonus already.
Also, Sharebuilder does not perform a credit check for new account openings, so that’s not a concern.
By Jonathan Ping | Deals & Offers | 5/10/06, 2:24am