A collection of links to free educational material online. The amount of information available online is expanding so fast, you can at least explore a new direction without leaving your house.
- MIT OpenCourseware – Free lecture notes, exams, and videos from almost all the undergraduate and graduate subjects taught at MIT.
- Webcast.Berkeley – Free podcasts and webcasts of University of California Berkeley current and archived courses.
- Harvard@Home – Selected lectures and videos.
- OpenYale – Access to a selection of introductory courses.
- Indian Institutes of Technology – YouTube videos from courses in Engineering.
- AcademicEarth – More lectures from various universities.
- YouTube EDU – Includes a variety of content from universities including UCLA, Case Western, and Oklahoma State.
- iTunes U – Includes audio/video from universities from around the world, National Public Radio stations, and famous museums. Many of the more popular ones are language courses.
Open Culture.com is a blog about free educational and cultural materials on the web. Here are some highlights (some posts are older):
By Jonathan Ping | College & Education | 3/9/10, 1:18am