In testing out my Ooma, I used the free fax website FaxZero.com to send a fax over to myself. I thought I’d share a quick review.
- The free service has certain restrictions. You must have it converted to Word/PDF format, up to 2 faxes a day, and a maximum of 3 pages (6 pages total a day).
- There is an ad on the provided cover page, but thankfully it is just a simple FaxZero ad and not some random company. Here is a scan of what it looks like.
- You must provide a working e-mail address, as you need to click on a confirmation links sent via e-mail to send your fax. Some users report increased spam, so be careful which e-mail you use.
- The fax is not sent immediately. It says it might take anywhere from 5-30 minutes depending on how busy they are. It took about 5 minutes for me for my fax to ring.
- The fax did come through successfully, and the quality was acceptable.
- You do get a confirmation e-mail with the subject “Your fax to XXX has been sent successfully”.
Overall, I have no complaints about FaxZero since it was a free service that performed as promised. However, I did find a better free fax alternative recently at Box.net, which I hope sticks around for a while. See my Box.net Free Fax review.
By Jonathan Ping | Frugal Living | 12/11/09, 3:21am