Citi and Hilton hotels just launched their new Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card, which is their new premium card with a sign-up bonus of 2 free weekend night certificates with no category restrictions, after making $2,500 in eligible purchases within 4 months of account opening. There hasn’t been a big promo from Citi in a while, so this is nice to see as due to the potential value of $500+ (see below).
There are some other features as well:
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases.*
- Free HHonors Gold status(2nd highest) as long as you are a cardmember. This includes free high-speed internet access, free breakfast, and complimentary room upgrades based on availability. You can reach the highest HHonors Diamond status if you make $40,000 or more in eligible purchases in a calendar year.
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio after $2,500 in eligible purchases within 4 months of account opening*
- $95 annual fee.
- Earn 10 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton HHonors portfolio*
- Earn 5 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases*
- Earn 3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases*
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi chip credit card.
- Earn an anniversary bonus of 1 weekend night certificate at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio each cardmembership year with qualifying purchases*
Two free weekend nights at category 1-7 hotels including Conrad and select Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts can easily be worth $250+ per night, or $500+ total value. Booking the same nights using rewards points would cost 100,000-120,000 HHonors points. Room taxes are included with the certificates. Possibilities:
- Grand Wailea Maui (Waldorf Astoria)
- Rome Cavalieri (Waldorf Astoria)
- Conrad New York
- Conrad Tokyo
- Hilton Waikoloa Village
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui
In the end, this is an attractive offer for casual travelers and want to stay in a really fancy hotel but you can’t imagine paying $300 a night. Alternatively, this card is good for constant travelers where Hilton is your hotel chain of choice. As noted there is a $95 annual fee, but compare with the perks and the $500+ value of two free nights. For future years, if you spend $10,000 in a year the free weekend night that should make it worth it to renew as well.
If you like this deal, also check out the Hyatt credit card issued by Chase if you haven’t got it already. Different issuing banks make it easier to get approved for multiple cards.
A weekend night certificate is valid for one (1) weekend night standard accommodation at category 1-7 hotels and select Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, subject to availability and excluding All-Inclusive or Hilton Grand Vacation properties. Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts that do not offer standard rooms are excluded. Weekend night certificate is valid at participating hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio for twelve (12) months after the date of issuance, as noted on the certificate. The weekend night certificate applies to one (1) weekend night in a standard room and corresponding taxes; and does not apply to gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges. Redemption of certificate is subject to availability, terms stated on certificate, and rules of selected property.