The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card has a new offer that has some nice potential:
- Earn $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 5% cash back every quarter in must-have categories. Right now, on eligible purchases within the Hilton Portfolio, car rental agencies, movie theaters and theme parks from 7/1/14 – 9/30/14.
- Enrollment each quarter is quick and easy
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- The total cash back earned with the card is $300 per calendar year, excluding the $100 cash back with this offer. See Citi Dividend Card Reward Program Information.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- No Annual Fee*
I say this offer has potential for a few reasons. First, has a good upfront incentive of $100. The balance transfer and purchase period is also relatively long at 12 months. If you view the $100 bonus as offsetting the balance transfer fee, the offer is the same as getting a $3,333 balance transfer with no fee, or a $10,000 balance transfer with a 2% fee, and then no interest for 12 months.
Finally, the card has rotating 5% cash back on categories with no spending limit except for the $300 annual earned cashback limit, which means I actually still find my Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card useful on an ongoing basis. A couple of months ago I got 5% back at Home Depot and Lowe’s… and I needed it!