The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card has a new offer that has some nice potential:
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Balance transfer fee is 3% with $5 minimum.
- 5% cash back this quarter and every quarter on changing categories like home improvement, travel and more. At Best Buy, department stores and toy stores from 10/1/13 to 12/31/13, enrollment is quick and easy.
- 1% cash back on other purchases.
- No annual fee.*
I say this offer has potential for a few reasons. First, has a good upfront incentive of $100. The balance transfer and purchase period is also relatively long at 12 months. If you view the $100 bonus as offsetting the balance transfer fee, the offer is the same as getting a $3,333 balance transfer with no fee, or a $10,000 balance transfer with a 2% fee, and then no interest for 12 months.
Finally, the card has rotating 5% cash back on categories with no spending limit except for the $300 annual earned cashback limit, which means I actually still find my Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card useful on an ongoing basis. A couple of months ago I got 5% back at Home Depot and Lowe’s… and I needed it!