The Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card has a new offer that has some nice potential:
- Earn $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 5% cash back every quarter in must-have categories. Right now, on eligible purchases within the Hilton Portfolio, car rental agencies, movie theaters and theme parks from 7/1/14 – 9/30/14.
- Enrollment each quarter is quick and easy
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- The total cash back earned with the card is $300 per calendar year, excluding the $100 cash back with this offer. See Citi Dividend Card Reward Program Information.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- No Annual Fee*
I say this offer has potential for a few reasons. First, has a good upfront incentive of $100. The balance transfer and purchase period is also relatively long at 12 months. If you view the $100 bonus as offsetting the balance transfer fee, the offer is the same as getting a $3,333 balance transfer with no fee, or a $10,000 balance transfer with a 2% fee, and then no interest for 12 months.
Finally, the card has rotating 5% cash back on categories with no spending limit except for the $300 annual earned cashback limit, which means I actually still find my Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card useful on an ongoing basis. A couple of months ago I got 5% back at Home Depot and Lowe’s… and I needed it!
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”