Updated 7/21/04. This post will be updated to include selected recent special offers from American Express that are widely available to their cardholders. These promotions often offer the opportunity for easy savings without changing your spending habits. Sometimes I just buy a gift card if I go the store regularly.
Here are the current special offers:
- Whole Food Market $10 off $75. Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $75 or more in-store at Whole Foods Market by 9/30/14. I would just buy a $75 gift card if you don’t usually spend that much at once.
- JC Penney $10 off $50. Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected card to spend a total of $50 or more on qualifying purchases in-store or online at JCPenney by 9/2/14.
- Best Buy $25 off $250. Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your connected Card to spend a total of $250 or more in-store and online at Best Buy by 9/2/14.
- Delivery.com $5 off $25. Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your connected card to make a single purchase of $25 or more online at delivery.com by 8/3/14. First-time customers can also get $7 off first order of $20 or more (expires 7/31/14). Various cities.
- American Express Gift Card $10 off $200. Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your connected card to spend a total of $200 or more on American Express Gift Cards at www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards by 7/30/14.
Here are the various ways to access these offers:
- Log into your AmEx account online and scroll down until you see the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Use the AmEx smartphone app.
- Access via social media at AmExOffers.com – Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and TripAdvisor.
- Not everyone can access every offer, but the ones on Twitter tend to be available to everyone. You can track these easily on their Favorites page.