(Update: Added a new promotion with Walmart for $15 off $75+. Details below.)
American Express and Twitter continue to have some interesting discounts. You may also be able to access these discounts via the AmEx smartphone app or by simply logging into your account online, but I’ve found Twitter to be the most reliably available to everyone with an account. Highlights include:
- Wal-mart. Receive a one-time $15 statement credit when you make a single qualifying purchase of $75 or more at Walmart.com by 8/29/13. Tweet #AmexWalmart. Details. Reportedly, even buying a physical gift card online for $75.xx or $8x.xx will work, that way you can spend the money in a physical store.
- Best Buy. Receive a one-time $25 statement credit when you make a single purchase of $250 or more at Best Buy in store/online by 09/08/13. Tweet #AmexBestBuy. Details
If you don’t want anything specific, the trick is to just buy a $250 Amazon Kindle gift card from a physical Best Buy store’s gift card section. Amazon Kindle gift card codes are actually valid towards any purchase at Amazon.com. This means another 25 bucks of savings per AmEx card without changing my usual spending habits. .
- Travelocity. Receive a one-time $50 statement credit when you spend $200 or more on a GoodBuy or Top Secret hotel booking online at travelocity.com by 07/31/13. Tweet #AmexTravelocityOffer. Details.
- California Pizza Kitchen. Receive a one-time $10 statement credit when you make a single purchase of $40 or more at California Pizza Kitchen in-restaurant by 09/02/13. Tweet #AmexCPK. Details.
- Barnes & Noble. Receive a one-time $5 statement credit when you spend a total of $25 or more at Barnes & Noble in store by 08/31/13. Tweet #AmexBNOffer.
The best way I’m aware of to keep track of new hashtags is via the Favorites list for @AmericanExpress.
Haven’t signed up yet? Link your American Express card and Twitter account at sync.americanexpress.com. You can also link up your Facebook and Foursquare accounts for similar (usually identical) offers. If you wish to change your linked card (useful to checking which one is linked), go to sync.americanexpress.com/unsync.
Finally, don’t forget to follow me @mymoneyblog!