(Expired.) Here’s a rather convoluted promotion from American Express and Twitter that will get you a $25 American Express gift card including shipping for only $15. But I’ve gotten a lot of free money from these social media deals, so I really shouldn’t complain. Here are the directions, adapted from the fine print:
- Link your American Express card and Twitter account at sync.americanexpress.com/twitter. If you wish to change your linked card (or just make which one is linked), go to sync.americanexpress.com/unsync.
- Tweet using #BuyAmexGiftCard25.
- Receive a response message (tweet) from @AmexSync asking you to Tweet #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25. (It should arrive almost immediately. If you’re waiting more than few minutes, try doing the next step anyway, it worked for me and I got a purchase confirmation.)
- Confirm your purchase and authorize American Express to charge your Card by Tweeting #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25 within 15 minutes.
- Receive another response message (tweet) from @AmexSync confirming successful purchase.
- Receive a confirmation email from American Express stating that the product has been purchased successfully, including all purchase details.
In the end, your linked American Express card will be charged $15, and they’ll ship a $25 gift card to you via 2nd-day shipping to your card’s billing address. Limited quantities. I guess now they want you to be able to buy stuff just by tweeting something specific. Most likely, I’ll just use this card to buy a $25 Amazon gift certificate online and keep things simple.
If you have multiple American Express cards, the terms state “Limit one (1) purchase per Card per product.” So it seem you can get multiple gift cards, although you may need multiple Twitter accounts for multiple AmEx cards. Still, an easy $30 over 3 accounts for our two personal accounts and @mymoneyblog.