The Platinum Card® from American Express has more than doubled their usual promotion, offering the following for new cardholders:
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- With the Platinum Card, you can receive up to $200 a year in statement credits for airline incidental fees like checked bags fees, flight-change fees, and snacks.
- To receive the statement credit, you need to enroll and select a qualifying airline.
- There are no foreign transaction fees with purchases made on your Platinum Card.
- Platinum Card Concierge is your personal resource to help secure a last minute restaurant reservation, or shop for a hard-to-find gift.
- Terms & restrictions apply.
The annual fee is $450 a year. It is not waived for this offer, so in my view this just about offsets all of the bonuses above. But that still leaves …
- $200 airline fee credit annually, to “cover incidental fees with your favorite airline. ” Each year, you pick an airline like American or Delta. Then, whenever you charge an airline fee from them onto the Platinum card like checked baggage fees, overweight fees, ticket booking/change fees, in-flight food, it will be refunded to you. (Inflight WiFi not eligible.)
- Receive a companion ticket for discounted travel when you purchase a qualifying First- or Business-Class international ticket.
- Entertainment benefits. get Advance Tickets before the public and access once in a lifetime events with By Invitation Only.
- Premium travel benefits. Access over 600 lounges worldwide when you enroll in Priority Pass Select, no foreign transaction fees. Also get access to the first-class lounges, even if you are flying coach. Relax on comfortable couches, get free drinks and snacks, free computer access and WiFi, and sometimes free meals and showers. You also get preferred re-booking help if your flight is delayed.Valid for American Airlines Admirals Club, Continental Presidents Club, Delta Sky Club, US Airways Clubs, and more. You just need a same-day ticket, except for US Airways. You can access any US Airways lounge, even if you’re flying on another airline! Even better, access is valid for you and two companions, or your spouse and children under 21.