The Platinum Card® from American Express has more than doubled their usual promotion, offering the following for new cardholders:
- Get 25,000 Membership Reward® points after you make $2,000 in purchases with your new Card in the first three months. MR points are very versatile. First, they could be converted to 25,000 frequent flier miles in a number of programs in various increments (worth a free roundtrip domestic coach ticket). Or, you can simply get $250 in gift cards at several stores like Home Depot, Crate & Barrel, Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy, or Macy’s.
- Plus, get one year of Amazon Prime after you sign up for a new membership with your Card and meet the spending requirement in the same time period.
- As an Amazon Prime member, you get unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fees. No matter what country you’re in, when you use your Platinum Card there are no Foreign Transaction Fees.
- 24/7 Platinum Card® Concierge service for assistance with reservations, travel, gifts, and more.
- Premium Access- Gain exclusive access to unique experiences from special entry to food festivals to VIP packages at concerts.
- Terms and restrictions apply.
The annual fee is $450 a year. It is not waived for this offer, so in my view this just about offsets all of the bonuses above. But that still leaves …
- $200 airline fee credit annually, to “cover incidental fees with your favorite airline. ” Each year, you pick an airline like American or Delta. Then, whenever you charge an airline fee from them onto the Platinum card like checked baggage fees, overweight fees, ticket booking/change fees, in-flight food, it will be refunded to you. (Inflight WiFi not eligible.)
- Receive a companion ticket for discounted travel when you purchase a qualifying First- or Business-Class international ticket.
- Entertainment benefits. get Advance Tickets before the public and access once in a lifetime events with By Invitation Only.
- Premium travel benefits. Access over 600 lounges worldwide when you enroll in Priority Pass Select, no foreign transaction fees. Also get access to the first-class lounges, even if you are flying coach. Relax on comfortable couches, get free drinks and snacks, free computer access and WiFi, and sometimes free meals and showers. You also get preferred re-booking help if your flight is delayed.Valid for American Airlines Admirals Club, Continental Presidents Club, Delta Sky Club, US Airways Clubs, and more. You just need a same-day ticket, except for US Airways. You can access any US Airways lounge, even if you’re flying on another airline! Even better, access is valid for you and two companions, or your spouse and children under 21.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”