I keep seeing the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express winning “Best Best Cash-Rebate Card” from financial magazines like Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. A few people have asked about it, so here’s my quick review.
First of all, new applicants receive a welcome bonus in the form of $100 rewards dollars after you use your new card to make $1,000 within the first 3 months of Card membership, which shouldn’t be that hard to do considering that this is the card you will be using on all your day to day purchases. Another reason to make this your everyday card, is the cash back you receive on everyday purchases:
* Earn 3% cash back at US supermarkets. (up to $6,000)
* Earn 2% cash back on gasoline at US gas stations and select US department stores.
* Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
“Eligible Purchases” are everyday Purchases made at US supermarkets, gas stations and department stores, in each case that are not departments of superstores or warehouse clubs.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express card offers 0% intro APR for 12 months on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, your APR will be a variable rate of 13.74% – 23.74% Variable. Excellent credit is needed to get this card but the level of your excellence will determine which variable rate your card will be set at.
As opposed to the previous Blue Cash Card from American Express, the Blue Cash Everyday Card has no spending limits or tiers that need to be reached in order to receive the aforementioned cash back. No calculations needed, just use the card on everyday purchases and start racking up the cash.
The cash can be redeemed once you’ve earned at least $25. If all the rewards and cash back weren’t enough, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express does not charge an annual fee, which is rare for an American Express card.
- Limited Time Offer: Apply by 5/3/17 – Earn 10% cash back on purchases at U.S. Restaurants in the first 6 months, up to $200 back.
- Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Everyday Cash Back: 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 2% at U.S. gas stations; 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.74% to 23.74%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms Apply.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”