I keep seeing the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express winning “Best Best Cash-Rebate Card” from financial magazines like Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. A few people have asked about it, so here’s my quick review.
First of all, you get a welcome bonus in the form of 50 rewards dollars after you use your new card to make $1,000 within the first 3 months of Card-membership, which shouldn’t be that hard to do considering that this is the card you will be using on all your day to day purchases. Next up, is a free year of membership to Amazon Prime for meeting that same $1,000 spend hurdle. Another reason to make this your everyday card, is the cash back you receive on everyday purchases:
* Earn 3% cash back at US supermarkets. (up to $6,000)
* Earn 2% cash back on gasoline at US gas stations and select US department stores.
* Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
“Eligible Purchases” are everyday Purchases made at US supermarkets, gas stations and department stores, in each case that are not departments of superstores or warehouse clubs.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express card offers 0% intro APR for 15 months on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, your APR will be a variable rate of 12.99% – 21.99% Variable. Excellent credit is needed to get this card but the level of your excellence will determine which variable rate your card will be set at.
As opposed to the previous Blue Cash Card from American Express, the Blue Cash Everyday Card has no spending limits or tiers that need to be reached in order to receive the aforementioned cash back. No calculations needed, just use the card on everyday purchases and start racking up the cash.
The cash can be redeemed once you’ve earned at least $25. If all the rewards and cash back weren’t enough, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express does not charge an annual fee, which is rare for an American Express card.
- Get 50 Reward Dollars, redeemable for a $50 statement credit, after you make $1,000 in purchases with your new Card in the first three months.
- Plus, get one year of Amazon Prime after you sign up for a new membership with your Card and meet the spending requirement in the same time period.
- As an Amazon Prime member, you get unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items.
- Earn Cash Back: 3% at US supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 2% at US gas stations & select US dept stores, 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 12.99% to 21.99%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
“Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s Affiliate Program.”