Here’s a little secret – I’ve been out of ING referrals for months. Since I couldn’t profit anymore, I decided the second best thing would be for the people that allowed me to refer them to profit! So far only a few lucky people have been reaping the rewards. But I think I’ve figured out a better way to evenly spread the referral love.
So if you’ve given me the honor of referring to you to
Capital One 360 before 4/06 VirtualBank before 4/06
- Emigrant Direct Bonus between 1/1/06 and before 2/5/06 (The directions are different afterwards, check your referral form e-mails for details.)
Unwired Buyer before 8/06
- TradeKing after 6/5/07 and before 8/1/07
and also have extra Capital One 360 referrals to spare, please read on for a way to get some more free money!
This is possible due to the unique qualities of Capital One 360′s referral program. Namely, they don’t care if the name and e-mail that you put on the referral actually match the name and e-mail of the person who actually opens the account. Only the unique link generated by your referral matters. So this way, you can get the referral money without sharing any personal information.
This offer is ONLY for people who have e-mailed me for a referral, and successfully opened an account. You get to send me one referral for each time I referred you. For example, if you only signed up for Emigrant under me, then you can send me one referral, worth $10 to you. If you signed up for Scottrade and Emigrant through me, then you can send me two referrals, worth a total of $20 to you.
1) You’ll need to have a Capital One 360 account with available referrals. If you log into your Capital One 360 account and click on the “Refer A Friend” link on the bottom, you can send out referrals. Fill in the following:
First Name: MyMoneyBlog
Last Name: Reader
E-mail: my e-mail
In the text box, please delete the default text that says “If you open this account with an initial deposit…” and instead tell me what I referred you to, so I can verify it. If I can’t verify, I won’t use your link! Say something like “Emigrant Direct Referral for email@example.com paid on 6/1/06″.
2) I’ll get the referral e-mail, strip out your name and e-mail, and send it on to the next person who requests an ING referral to me. They referred gets $25, and the referrer (you) gets $10. ING will e-mail you for each $10 bonus you get.
3) If I cannot use the link within 30 days, it will expire. You do not lose the referral, you just have to resend a fresh one to me.
4) Everyone wins! You win, referree wins, and I have an additional incentive for other referral programs.
I’ll pick the referrer link randomly each time. So it doesn’t matter if I referred you in 2004 or 2006. I cannot guarantee if or when someone will use your link. It depends on how many people submit links, and how high ING jacks up their rates (high rates = more openings). I reserve the right to end this program for any reason, such as if ING changes their rules.
Update: Please do not send me VirtualBank referrals! VirtualBank needs the name you type in to match the name of the person who signs up. So sending them to me will not work!
By Jonathan Ping | Deals & Offers | 1/19/06, 9:42pm