Amazon has a new promotional code GIFTBOOK that gets you $5 off any books purchase of $15 or more. Must be print books (can be multiple), shipped and sold by Amazon. Offer expires Sunday night at December 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Here are four recent books on my to-read list that you may consider as gifts or for yourself (I bought one of these with this coupon):
- Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to the World’s Hidden Wonders by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, and Ella Morton
- Messy: The Power of Disorder to Transform Our Lives by Tim Harford.
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- When Breathe Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.
Here are (again) my recommended books about early retirement and financial freedom:
- If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Slowly by William J. Bernstein. A short primer on personal finance with a focus on investing.
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. Short and very easy to read. Teaches the merits of living below your means and investing the rest for the future.
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez. A good starter book on breaking out of the earn-spend cycle and regaining control of your life. A first step down the path to early or semi-retirement.
- Work Less, Live More: The Way to Semi-Retirement by Robert Clyatt. More explorations into the idea of an earlier, more gradual retirement that balances work and other interests.
Here are all my book reviews in reverse-chronological order.
Finally, I’m just going to slip this in here because it’s probably not worth a separate post… This 3-pack of Amazon Anytime Gift Cards are currently on sale for $3. There is also a promotion on the page where you get $2 promo credit for each Anytime Gift Card activated for $10 or more. So buy the 3-pack, activate all three for $10 each, and get $6 in promo credits. You’ve now spent $33 and gotten $36 in Amazon credit.